1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PP Hermit Crab needs home! (San Jose, CA)

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by Amy, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi!

I have a small-medium size purple pincher hermit crab. My other three crabs have died and I am looking for a good home with other crabs. He appears healthy but lonely! :( I have had my crabs in a heat and humidity regulated tank. I am hoping to find a home in the Bay Area! Thanks!! :eek:

Thanks!
    Amy

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I know we have some members in the Bay Area.

3. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I live near Morrill/Hostetter (SJ,CA).

A little info about my current crabs. This way, you'll know your crab won't be lonely :D
    I have 12 PPs and 2 Es as of now.
    Sizes consist of 2 large PPs (golf ball)
    The other 10 are around the size of a quarter (some a little bit bigger, most are a little smaller than a quarter)
    One of the Es is about the size of a nickel
    The other E is about the size of a dime

Overall, I carry small hermit crabs. Except for the 2 large PPs of course. I have room in my tank for only small ones. Quarter size or smaller (or slightly bigger). There's plenty of hiding and climbing spots in my tank. If you're interested, I can show you an image of my tank.

4. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

Wow. You are close to me. Yes, can you please show me an image of your tank? I would say that my crab is closer to golf ball size . . . would that be too large?

5. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Almost the size of a golf ball sounds too large. It sounds like it's the same size as the smaller one of the two "large" PPs I have. Which in that case, it's kind of too big.
    I don't have any pics of my tank yet, I still need to look for my camera. I'd use the camera on my macbook but... I don't think it would look as nice >_>

I've been meaning to set up a new tank, to support more crabs but... I ran out of sand. Haven't been able to go out and buy more T_T so as of now, I don't think I can take the crab. Unless you overestimated its size (which I doubt). Do you have a picture of it?

6. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

I posted a thumbnail on my public profile. The picture is pretty small. It does sound like the crab may be too big for your tank. I do have a tank that I will give away. It has an overhead light and a side mounted heater plus temp/humidity guages. I forget what the size of the tank is - like 20-30 gallon size (with matching black stand).

7. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I'm using a 20G right now. 14 crabs sounds a lot, I know but given the sizes, they fit just fine with a lot of room to roam around and dig. However, it IS reaching its limit.
    I have a 10G tank w/ temp/humi guage set aside. I just recently bought it a UTH too. All I'm missing now is sand :( I might actually separate the crabs by sizes. But all the 12 PP have been living together for a year now! I feel kind of bad if I take them away from each other.
    In any case, I'm rambling on and on about my own tank and crabs. Blarggg
    I looked at your picture, it does look too big to be in my current 20g tank so I can't put him in there. However, if your tank offer is still available, I'm interested. I can adopt your crabbie and at the same time, I can go out and buy him some friends if I can get a large tank like that.

8. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

Looks like we will not be giving away the tank after all. Sorry! I will keep looking for a home with someone who has room in their tank for our crab . . .if the situation changes and you do set up a tank, please let me know! I appreciate all the details and your honesty!

9. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

I'll set up the new tank later today. I'll keep you updated on the situation. However, if you find someone else who can adopt it sooner, then don't hesitate that offer. I'm not in crazy need for it. I just want to "save" it, seeing as how there are only like two people in these forums who live in the Bay Area.
    By the way, I didn't mention this before, but I really like the shell he's in. I wish more of my crabs went into those types :-(

10. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

Sure, let me know if things change. Thanks!

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

Hi Amy, I can adopt your crab if you haven't found a home for him yet. I have posted pics of my tank on here, if you want to see it they are in the picture section. I am in Fremont.

12. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

Yes! Thank you. I will send you a PM. . .

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

Thank you Amy for letting me adopt your crab! :D

14. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Awww...another happy ending!

15. Amy

Amy Hi, I'm New Here!

You're welcome . . . thank YOU! = )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.