1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

potato

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by haleye1997, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

how do you prepare potato?

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Probably the easiest way is to microwave it, like a baked potato. If it's a large one, 7 minutes, medium, 5 minutes, etc. I peirce mine with a fork before cooking.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

I'd suggest using yams or sweet potatoes rather then your regular baking potatoe.

4. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

I like feeding red skinned potatoes or purple potatoes. I often feed it raw and thinly sliced. Be careful to remove all of the eyes because potato does belong to the nightshade family. Some feel more comfortable peeling the potato as well. Sometimes you find a deep green color in the starchy part just under the skin and I avoid feeding that area. In the San Louis valley in Colorado, they grow a lot of potatoes and if they find that green on a potato, they throw it out. I'm not sure why this is, but if you've ever eaten a potato with that green on it, it tastes very unpleasant. Perhaps it is toxic. I'm not sure, so I avoid it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.