1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor, Elmo!!!

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by Hermies4Ever, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

You are going to have do another one. Like yesterday.
    You cant keep your crabs in EE that is dry and musty smelling they will die.
    You need to take everything out and clean it again
    You should have done it as soon as the last one died there is obviously something very wrong going on in your tank for them to be dying like that.

Have you tested the Humidity gauge for accuracy?
    Is the humidity back up?
    Have you discovered why everything was bone dry?

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm so sorry about Elmo! :( It must be so hard for you to lose so many hermies in a short period of time! You should really moisten your eco earth, get a plexiglass lid or put something on the lid, and get a bigger water dish so the water stays in so this won't happen to any of your other crabs. I feel so bad about Elmo! :(

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Guess what, peeps!!! I checked the humidity gauge today, and it is at 50%!!!

4. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

That's better! Still in the drier area, though. Test your humidity gauge or get a new one, i still think there's something wrong. but good job on the improvement!

5. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Alex can you fill out that Emergency form for us so we can see what is going on in your tank? 50% is not nearly enough did you do the deep clean yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.