1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pomegranite juice?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by reader101, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reader101

reader101 Banned

I've heard about the wonderful properties of pomegranite juice, and chanced to get a pint of pure, no-suger or additives juice today.
    Although little has been written about pom. juice and hermies, I would think that since it comes from a non-toxic fruit/berry, it would be very good for them. If my belief that the more colorful the food, the more colorful the hermie (i.e. carrots, berries, etc) is true, my pper's better watch out!
    Since it would be sticky, would it be best to serve it in a large spice-type lid (as a bowl vs. a clam shell)?
    Thanks!

2. susan9347

susan9347 (Micro Crab)

Hi, I emailed you btw. Your just gonna let them drink the juice ? What about mixing it with something? I posted a "recipe" that mine liked. I just grounded up oatmeal, cuttlebone and barely and mixted it in with mashed banana. That's the most i've seen my one guy eat so far.. lol But maybe try mixing the juice with something dry like that?

3. reader101

reader101 Banned

:( Didn't rec. email...please try again.
    As for drinking the juice straight up - yup. Why dilute it from its' natural form? It's not mixed with porridge in the wild, and this way they can taste each treat separately, and take what they want. In the main tank I generally place about 4 shells with different varieties of food around the tank. For them, it's like a buffet - take what you want/need and leave the rest. They had a dish of lychee fruit last night that was empty in 2 hrs - sand scuffed on the rest of the dishes! I guess what I'm trying to say is that they, like us, like and need variety. The only "daily" food they get is a home-mix, but variety is offered every day, as close as they might encounter in the wild.
    :)
    One last thought...if there is only one ingredient in the mixture that hermies know better than to eat, they may not eat any of it.

4. reader101

reader101 Banned

Well, after trying a glass of it myself (wonderfully refreshing - not sticky) my hermies were offered 2 clam shells full, as well as other treats and foods.
    The juice (not syrup) was gone in 2 hrs - even fresh moss (a rare treat these days) ignored. Maybe they knew the moss would be there for a while, and grab the treat now!
    Who knows? It appears as if they're all sleeping it off right now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.