1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Crabfan09, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabfan09

Crabfan09 Hi, I'm New Here!

I've never given much thought to having a hermit crab as a pet. My aunt oneday asked me if i want one of hers. Ofcourse i agreed because I love having pets. The only problem was that I didn't have a tank for him. So I improvised, we had hamsters about a week before but thankfully I sold the little devils. So I cleaned the cage and put sand in the bottom with a dish for food and a dish for water. the cage itself was a wire sided cage with a 3 inch plastic bottom. my aunt told me that the hermit never comes out of its shell but as soon as i put him in that cage he started climbing up the walls!!! I was so excited!! but everytime someone comes near him he'd drop down and hide. now I have him in a 30 gal. tank but the only thing to heat him is a small heating light and the aquarium light. I guess my question is how do I prepare my "Hermons" food? and how do I get him to be more social is that just getting him friends?:confused: I have no Idea what I'm doing any tips would be gratly appreciated!!!
    -Crabfan09

2. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

He definitely needs a partner!

Read all you can about how to care for your new pet. There is actually a lot to learn about them.

As far as food prep goes, there isn't much to it. They can eat anything they can get their claws around and will pinch off bite-sized pieces for their tiny mouth. Some of us grind up food, but most things can be put in the tank whole.

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi there---welcome! :) If you click on forum, you'll find a wealth of information. Go to general questions about care and read what "Hermez" sticky says. Also, further down there is a section on food and "Vickums" has a sticky on safe foods. If you can find the time, just start clicking and reading in the Forum section---you'll learn a lot---and ask away, everyone here is very willing to help and share their info. :)

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

You can give your crab any fresh food (fruits and vegetables).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.