1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please help !!!Lexxie ! I think she is postponing her molt

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by HexxusAndLexxie'sCare, Feb 3, 2013.

1. HexxusAndLexxie'sCare

HexxusAndLexxie'sCare Hi, I'm New Here!

She has been very slow, always hiding in her coconut hut alone.
    There are 2 under now ( Hansel and Gretel) and Hexxus is on the surface too but in another hide .. Hexxus is done molting and she is the only one active in the tank.

But my main concern is for Lexxie

I think she is REALLY postponing her molt. Can you tell in her exo??
    [​IMG]

I have 20gal tall with 4 inches of 5 parts playsand and 1 part Eco earth
    Nth heat and humidity is 80 degrees / 80%
    And I am giving the essential foods that they need.

I would have to put her next to the food bowl.. She is walking fine, but she looks very tight..

Help! What can I do to motivate her to molt!?!

She hasn't changed out of the same shell she is in in a long time ..

I got her back in September 2012

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

What size is she ? Is your substrate deep enough? Try putting more ee in it always seems to get mine going and bury themselves. What food are you feeding her. Hermit crabs can become very inactive for a few months almost like hibernating. Minerecently did for about 3 months. Make sure they have protein for energy and calcium for a strong exo. Also food from the HCA store for the rest of their health needs.(basic essentials). Salt water and fresh water (declorinated).Mine have been healthy for years now using the food from the HCA store. And let Lexxie have some privacy.let her do her own thing. She knows what to do and you cant force her to molt. Maple or oak bark can help if it can be available to them but is ok if its not.
    I hope everything is fine. Keep us posted.

3. HexxusAndLexxie'sCare

HexxusAndLexxie'sCare Hi, I'm New Here!

GREAT NEWS!!! update on Lexxie!!
    Lexxie went down in Feb. 22nd and she came up This past Easter, and successfully molted!!