1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please help hygrometer problems

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by haleye1997, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

[​IMG]this is the kind i got from meijers. it was like 9 dollars. it reads temp. and humidity. but i did the thing where you put it in the bag with salt and it just went to like 99% then back down to 40%. i know vicki says that you should turn the little thing until it is reading accurate. first of all there is no little thing to turn. second of all i dont know if i am calibrating it right. can someone please help me i really need this now!:confused:

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Did you follow the directions that Vicki wrote? Maybe you could try it again and make sure the bag is sealed good and leave it 4-6 hours and see what your readings are again. Don't panic---you'll get the
    hang of it. :)

3. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I too use to have that one and I was able to adjust it but you need a small screw driver with a flat head that you would use for eyeglasses, you would stick the screw driver in the little slots and slowly move the round thing till you go however many clicks then recalibrate it to make sure you did it right. Mine got ruined by me spraying it when I was misting the tank so it always read 99% so I had to get a new one.

4. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

oh thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.