1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digall

Digall Hi, I'm New Here!

I've noticed some people have plants in their crabitats, - simple question, how do you plant them? do you leave them in the pots or do you let them grow into the substrate?

cheers

Digall

2. Kyxoan

Kyxoan "Preparing For First Molt"

Most natural plants are just left in moist substrate but a lot of the plants i've seen in crabitats were fake ones that just look real. Fake is actully alot safer for the crabs because there are alot of real plants that are naturally toxic or they are toxic due to chemicals used on them in the growing process. I just bought a bunch of fake plants yesterday from petdiscounters.com and am waiting for the weekend to change my tank around to a bigger tank and "plant" them. They are solid plants with a nice rock base and they look real. The leaf part is made out of a silk fiber i believe and is safe for hermies and lizards.

But if you choose to go down the real plant route, make sure they are naturally non toxic to crabs and non fertilized.

3. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

i agree with Kyxoan

some plant are toxic.

also you crabs might just tear them apart for fun killing the plant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.