1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of the hermies! Help me name them!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by SkyBaby, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Here's some pictures of my crabs. The crabitat is a 10 gallon and is pretty boring and sparsely decorated, so I'll post some pictures when it's cooler looking and spiced up a bit when the next pay check rolls in. :D

I know that painted shell is horrid. It's chipping too, the poor guy. :( This is my male. I was originally calling my crabs Mr. Krabs (this guy) and Sebastion (the next one), but it appears the one in the green shell is female. The one in that horrid shell is male. Names ideas???

Now for the shots!

This is the male. How can I get him to change shells? I have several offered for him, but no luck as of yet. How long did it take for your guys to switch?
    [​IMG]

This is the female. Is her shell safe? Is it considered painted? She does have some other shells to choose from and so does my male. It doesn't seem like it was painted. It just looks like it was polished via dremmel (sp?) to reveal the colors more.
    [​IMG]

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

The second shell isn't painted, and that type of shell (a banded turbo) is highly sought after in my tank, though not as much as the completely pearled turbos (no color visible, just the pearly stuff).

As for names, what about book characters? Or you could name her Ariel and the male Sebastian so they go together.

3. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

That would be really cute. Maybe I'll do that. Ariel and Sebastion it is! :D I'm going to Petsmart tomorrow. I'm going to get more shells there since I've pretty much picked through all the shells in the pet store in town. That's good to know then. Thanks!

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

The first one should be called "Cheddar" and the second one should be called "Swiss"!!!

5. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

You could go to michaels or another craft store to get a bag of shells for 7$ and less. As for decor, They also sell cholla wood(dried cactus carcass) it's great for climbing, and really cheap too(in my Michael's it's about 2$ for 1 foot-long cholla wood). Michael's also sells nets that you can hang on the back of your aquarium for climbing. Second guy's shell looks awesome, No it's not painted and I'm sure a lot of hermit crabs would love to be in that shell :p . For the first guy, you could add shells of the type he's in(just not painted of course), the one he's in now looks like Babylonia Spirata. PP's(That's what kind he is) Also like round opening shells, so give him some of those too.

6. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Lol That's cute. :D They have been named. The female (second one) is Ariel. The male (the one in the evil painted shell) is Sebastion.

Ohh.. Michaels.. That's a really good idea. I'll do that when I happen to go to one next. The Cholla wood at Michaels would be safe??? I'll pick up some hemp for making nets/ladders too. I'm gonna look for more of these banded turbos. It is a really pretty shell. I'll look for the straight pearl ones as well. I'll get all different sizes too. I also need to get a better way to heat that tank. The UTH is only keeping the tank at 70 degrees.. not warm enough! I'm thinking of investing in a Ceramic heat emitter. I just raided the lps for hermit crab shells. I hope Sebastion switches soon! I'll look for more turbos and more of those Babylonia Spirata shells soon. Thanks so much!

7. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Second one would be Crusty.

8. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

I thought of naming the painted shell male Crusty cuz I love the movie "The Incredible Mr. Limpet". Sebastion seems to fit his personality a bit more. I'll name the next male I get Crusty though. The female is the one in the green turbo shell. I have named her Ariel.

9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Wow! :D They are so cute! The names Ariel and Sebastian really suit them!

10. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

You should get another REALLY small one and name it after the lobster dude! or is the lobster dude Sebastian? I don't know that story too well.:rolleyes: The look great and I love Arials shell!

11. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Sebastion is a crab in "The Little Mermaid". It's my favorite movie out of the disney classics. I still love watching it and I'm 21. :p The next male crab I get I'm naming Crusty after a hermit crab character in a movie called "The Incredible Mr. Limpet".

12. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I love those names!!!! I also like Ariel 's shell!!!!!!!!!!

13. cococrisp

Oh. I liked the little crab guy.:) I like the name Crusty. Like Crustacean.:)

14. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Not real original though, but hey it works. :p I suck at coming up with creative names for animals. :p

15. cococrisp

I have a large hermit crab named Jumbo. Now, how creative is that.:rolleyes:

16. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

lol nice XD if the boot fits right?? :p I want a 5 foot iguana and I want to name it Godzilla. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.