1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pictures of my Cavie!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by BL00DYMARY, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Oh, too cute! I love his shell choice. It seems like Cavs enjoy the more "odd" shells.

I need to take some new photos of my crabs. I have been so busy I haven't gotten any, and my Indos and Cav have been out and about a lot, so I shouldn't miss the opportunity!

3. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

I love that they like different shells too. That shell was in my tank for decoration, twice a crab has tried it on only to switch out within a day. He choose this shell his first night in the main tank and has stuck with it.
    Do you know what other types of shells I should have in stock for him? I have hundreds of shells, but I'm afraid I don't have very many Cavie type selections at the moment.

4. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Babylonia and fox shells are good for them. There's a weird, long spiral shell that they like too. I don't know the name of it, and I don't think is readily for sale so I guess it's moot. But people have gotten Cavs wearing this shell, and when they change out of it, other Cavs will take it even though it looks awfully awkward to wear. I think they like shells with "almond" shaped openings -- not quite round, but not "D" shapes, necessarily. At least that's my take on it.

5. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

He's absolutely gorgeous!! I love his shell. I have one like that but it's a little too big for my crabs, and they prefer slightly lighter shells.

6. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

They're adorable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.