1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Pictures) Game Review: Saints Row II

Discussion in 'Game House' started by MAD, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright, I just bought a copy of saints row 2. Its made by Volition and THQ (Whom i both love dearly btw) and yet out of nowhere I am told I have to install that $#@!%^ steam program to validate it. No where on the outside packaging does it say that steam was involved in any way shape or form.

Lets just say that this game better be worth my time

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

2. MAD

Re: I feel used and kept in the dark

Ok! The game more than makes up for that little aggrivation.
    Custimization options are out the roof for your characters.

Alright, I have read a lot of reviews about this game, and most of them keep comparing the game to Grand Theft Auto saying that its nothing more than a cheaper version.

Frankly, I like a game where you can help an old lady across the street (Well, I followed her across the street, but hey), then laugh as some idiot driver crashes his car into a fire hidrant a block away, flips it, and then runs away screaming as the engine catches on fire. A few moments later, people who are not paying attention walk right past it, only to have it blow up a few moments later, sending them all flying.

A few minutes later i decide to "appropriate" a chopper bike in the parking lot next to me. Well, the police see me, flash thier lights, and the cahse is on.

Well, being the awesome driver that I am, I hit a median, which sends me flying into the oncoming lane. Then a big SUV runs me over. Miraculously I am just fine, and dust myself off. The police are still on me, at which point a cement mixer stops to keep from running me over. Well, I decide to evict the driver and attempt to use the ungainly thing to get away. Well, I run over a few of Stillwater's finest in the process, making them even madder.
    I do my best to avoid other cars and civilians (I am a refined criminal here, gimme a break. People got to be alive so you can extort them) They put the helicopters on me and the chase continues. I take out rougly 4 or 5 more police cars before my cement truck is so beat up that the engine catches on fire, so I bail out and attempt to hide at what looks like a distribution center (You know, a big warehouse with trailers everywhere, ect ect) But of course poe-poe sees and they follow me around the warehouse. Well, I make a full circle, and low and behold, EVERYONE got out of thier police vehicles and left them unattended.
    :rubhands: :rubhands: :rubhands: (Police cars, SUVs, big UPS trucks with SWAT painted on the side, you name it.)

Well, I hop in a police SUV and take off. The Police are none too pleased. The chase escalates, and they begin blocking the road with huge blue armored transports. I crash my truck through two of them, but the third one stops me, and my truck catches on fire. I bail out into a nearby tunnel and RUN. (This game is just like a good action movie, bullets are flying every which way and yet no one can aim to save thier life.) I round a corner, and there is ANOTHER roadblock set up, but the police dont see me. They have two big blue transports unnatended
    I get a nasty grin on mt face, and sure enough, they left the keys in one :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Well, i jump in one of them, but wait, there is more. This thing has a big rotary autocannon mounted on top of it in a small turret!!! OH YES!!!

The chase continues. I mow down everyone with the weapon, clear a path, and take off down the freeway.
    (I can hear the police cussing furitavely as I do so)

At this point they send everything they have at me. My joyride in the "BEAR" as it is called is fairly short lived. Sure it can take more punishment than the average vehicle, but she gives out on me after the 5th or so roadblock.
    She catches fire, and I jump out of her while she is still moving at her max speed.

Well, I was near the coast when this happened, and jumped OVER the gaurdrail, roll down the hill, and fall into the water. I geuss no one saw me, as my "Noteriety Meter" was going down. I just waited in the water until the police gave up, and went about thier business.

I crawl out of the water, change my clothes, and then find another street corner to plan another adventure.
    (I am really easy to please, so long as I have my guns and explosions, I am HAPPY)

That was all just PART of the game. There is every criminal event imaginable to be done in this game.

Jugger, you would like the security jobs, in where you guard celebrities, and beat the tar out of or toss unruly fans into all manner of objects (Paddy wagons, oversized Gongs, Garbage trucks that EAT them, Oh its great)

I dont see what the big problem is. Sure the game is not really graphically UBER, but it is FUN and gave me the laughs I so desperately needed.

Yall adults take a look at this one. It grows on you like a fungus. Oh yeah, you can customize your character however you like. Screenshots to follow.

3. MAD

Re: Game Review: Saints Row II

Todays adventure was even more Ludicrous. I walked outside of my hideout to find this Ambulance in my driveway.
    Well, being the inquisitive type, I decided to see if the EMT's left they keys in it. Turns out they did.

Well, I hop in, and the game says "Press E to start ambulance diversion"

Ok, I did, suddenly the ambulance siren and lights flared to life, and i was told to drive around to different crash sites and reviving victims. Along the way you earn cash and respect. I went to 10 different crash sites around Stillwater and revived roughly 25 victims with shock paddles or CPR. (The game makes you move the mouse up and down for compressions, and in circular motion to charge the zap paddles.) It was kinda cool because other cars would get out of my way as i was driving, as well as other people jumping out of my way if I came too close to the sidewalk

Well, I ran the poor ambulance into the ground:
    [img width=500 height=375]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/Amb1.jpg[/img]

One of the vehicles from a victim that was already dead from the wreck was a purple exotic, and pretty beat up
    (Well, such a shame to waste such a nice car)
    [img width=500 height=375]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/Amb3.jpg[/img]

I left the beat up ambulance in the middle of the street, took her to the mechanic, fixed her up, and added her to my garage
    [img width=500 height=375]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/Amb4.jpg[/img]
    [img width=500 height=375]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c173/ArchmasterZeta/Amb6.jpg[/img]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.