1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

??? Picture for March ???

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Sure, I don't know. I remember there was a food recipe a while ago where people posted pics of their crabby dinners. So, maybe we could all make them, and include the recipes so other crabers can make them to.

2. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Well, I'm at the stage of uncertainty here, but I think it might be a good idea to make the "food" catagory thing, like with HCRU. I think Jellybean's on to something here...

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ok everyone---I love all the feed back thus far! :huggies:

There's still time for comments, in fact, Hermiefun and I are always trying to come up with cool ideas, so if you ever have a suggestion, either post it or PM us anytime.

Does everyone's Photo Image site have a "caption device" on it? It's a section where you click it and you can type in a little something to include on your picture.
    I know they have one on PhotoBucket but I don't know about the others.

Also, do most of the Image Sites include a way to decorate your pics, as Cococrisp and Liagiba have done? Once again, PhotoBucket does, but I need to know if the one you use does as well.

If you have a minute, get back to me please and let me know. I want to make it fair for Everyone and your info is extremely helpful.

Alrighty Peeps...there's a lot of you out there, so please take a moment and leave your input so we can make a Great Site even greater! :flower:

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I know photoshop can do lots more than the photobucket. I mean, I'm happy with just adding a sticker or two just so that it looks a little more Valentines day-ish. But, with photoshop you can copy and paste stuff in and make the backround different colors and stuff. I don't have it or know how to use it but my friend does and he can make different pics blend together and other stuff.

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yes, I understand Photo Shop is very good. I don't have it either because it's a little expensive. I just want to make sure we make it as fair as can be for everyone to have the same access and abilities with regards to the Contests.
    Sometimes the best photo is the simplest. :flower:

6. Donny (TMNT)

I just wanted to say, I appreciate the photo's with no added photoshop stuff a lot more than the one's that do. Why? because 1) the point in pictures is the photography skill involved and not the skill of sticker-art. 2) Things like stickers block out some of the picture, and I like to see the whole thing. One acception: I love captions. I think captions should be totally allowed in the pictures, because they're often funny, or tell you what the picture's about or what it means. Well, there's my two cents.

7. Pokétrainer Belle

Pokétrainer Belle "Never Molted"

Via eHow (http://www.ehow.com/about_5197332_march-theme-ideas.html)I suggest we pick one of the listed themes, find some cool pics on google or draw them yourself if you're artsy, and print them out and decorate the crabitats! For example, if I pick Eiffel Tower for my March theme, I would look up or draw on paper some frech stuff.. a tower of course, maybe some little buildings/bushes.. and cut them out, and tape it on the back/sides of the tank (not inside, crabbies shouldn't eat the paper!). I think I might crayon the back of the paper darker or a color other than white, it might spook the crabs I guess? Anyhow, this eliminates the need for photoshopping pictures or making sparkly stuff on them. Bust out your markers and construction paper! Or just print it out! Does this sound good-ish?

"
    March is a fabulous month filled with spring vacations, basketball games, and overflowing gardens. Plenty of specific celebration days give you an excuse for a party like the first opening of the Eiffel tower (30), Dr. Suess's Birthday (2), Barbie's Birthday (9), National Potato Chip Day (14), Big Bird's Birthday (20), St. Patrick's Day (17), and National Women's History Month. If none of these appeal to you, Make Up Your Own Holiday is on March 26th. With so much to choose from, you'll be spending this month going from party to party.

St. Patrick's Day
    1. St. Patrick's Day or Paddy's Day was begun as a Catholic and Irish holiday to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland. Today, it is celebrated worldwide as a day full of green beer, Irish cuisine, a parades.Deck out you home or office is full green regalia and leprechauns. Make sure to provide plenty of Guinness or green-colored beverages.
    March Madness
    2. Nothing draws people to Vegas like March Madness, but you can throw your own party at home with friends and family members without the gambling. This four-week national college basketball tournament has always promised the exciting tradition of underdogs beating higher ranked teams and other surprising twists. Decorate your home with your favorite team colors and be sure to break out your basketball jersey. With a some creative flourishes, you can capture the same magic found at the games.
    Dr. Seuss' and Barbie's Birthday
    4. Plan separate or joint birthday parties for these childhood icons. Display Seuss's books, have readings, show his films, and plan activities using his characters. Design creative cakes by using his landscapes as an inspiration. Barbie enthusiasts will love Barbie decorations, dolls, and Barbie cut outs. Bake pretty little pink cupcakes, and everyone will be happy.
    Eiffel Tower's Birthday
    5. As on of the most famous French monuments, the Eiffel Tower deserves a big bash. Invites can be printed in both French and English and dictate a french inspired dress code. Run to your bakery early when the french bread is coming out piping hot. Serve an array of French wines, cheeses, and classic meals. Design your cake to resemble a mini Eiffel. Let the sounds of French music or films waft in the backdrop. With a party like this, you''ll want to celebrate the tower every year.

"

8. Donny (TMNT)

Wow! That's quite a suggestion, iisabelle! Thanks for being so useful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.