1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

??? Picture for March ???

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alrighty everyone...no one liked the February theme
    :tuna:​
    SOooooo, what Theme would YOU like for March????

I NEED to hear from you peeps...so take a minute please and give some suggestions as to what YOU would like to have for a theme.

~OR~

If you're getting tired of the contests we can stop for a while.
    Now's the time to give me a "piece of your mind"......let me know if you like the contests** if you don't** if you think the contests :tuna:** if you think I :tuna:** would you rather have a gift certificate from the store to choose your own prize** :dontknow:

Any Comments Are Welcome...seriously. I can't fix it if I don't know what to do.

:huggies:​

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

A few months ago I came up with this looser idea to have a recipe contest to see what exciting recipe our crabs enjoy the most and then vote based on what they like and what looks cool. :idunno: If nobody else enters this contest, we could use that one for the recipe contest. I don't know if it'd catch on but things I make up usually don't. :p We could do something like the greenest tank..... Or pictures of crabbies outside (in a later month, spring just isn't coming!) but then people who live in canada wouldn't have time till June. I don't know. I usually enter all the time but I'm a bit puzzled to why we had 18 people a few months ago and have 1 this month..... Maybe it's just that February is that weird super short month???

3. LordRhal

LordRhal "Preparing For Third Molt"

Action and caption.

Pretty simple, get a pic of a hermie in action, as in not just sitting in a corner but either climbing something a funky way or doing something cool and add a caption to it to make it witty, funny. We then vote on the best action and caption pic.

Heck even the same sounds cool ;p

And that's my idea =)

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

LordRhal, Thats a great idea!

5. LordRhal

:thanks: :rockz:

6. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Hmmmm, well, related to how I think of previous contests, I usually like to check out the threads and comment on the pictures, and that's why the last contest didn't go so well. I have to admit, Lordral's idea was pretty cool.
    Maybe next month we could have a spring theme.

7. imported_peach

imported_peach "First Molt, A Success"

I actually thought the February contest was awesome, and a cool change, one of the best contests I've seen on here yet, but I guess that was just me :dontknow: . For themes I don't really I like the ones that you have to decorate your aquarium to fit in the theme for, I'd rather have it as something to do with the hermit crabs not their aquarium. I have some more stuff to say and an Idea for next month but I gotta go to bed

8. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I also think it should be more about the crab and not the tank. My tank is so full and I have alot hanging up. it is hard to take things out to put other things in. Also the crabs spend most of their time in the things I have and I don't want to desturb them. They also sleep in the plants even in the hanging ones.

9. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Seconded.

10. Donny (TMNT)

Hmmmm, well, I've always thought that crab pictures were a lot more interesting than tank ones, but I still think we should have those ones because it makes a bigger variety of choices for contest ideas. I bet its hard for Jellybean to have to think one up every month, don't you? I also appreciate the cage pictures, and I've seen some really cool ones.

11. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I love LordRhal's idea! Pictures of crabs are sooo adorable and fun to look at, and captions make them even funnier. And photo contests rule, so ending them would be really disappointing. Cococrisp, your idea is really cool, too! It wouldn't only be fun for both owners and crabs (especially if the food is yummy), but everybody would learn new food combinations. Maybe we could have two different contests at the same time.

12. OneOnion

Yeah, I've seen some pretty good hermit crab chefs on here. People making omelets, cakes, salads... O.O There should be a restaurant for hermit crabs!

13. Donny (TMNT)

HAHA! And they should serve for free, since I doubt crabs got any extra cash on them. :p

14. cococrisp

Well, if I win this months contest I'll donate my prize to the recipe contest and give that a whirl. Any other idea? I just don't really want people to come up with something that has to sit in the fridge for a month and then be stirred for seven hours or something because I was thinking that the poll could be like two weeks and people could try all the recipes and see which the crabs like most and stuff.

15. LordRhal

I'd rather not have the recipe contest. Not everyone has time to make a 5-star meal out of crab food. :/

16. Mckenny

That is a good point. To be fair we would all have to try out the recipes to see if our crabbies liked them or not. Mine can be a little "finicky" about what they'll eat and won't.

I think the Recipe idea is great...so what about making a post for anyone who has a "tried" recipe that their crabbies love?

Any thoughts?? :flower:

17. Donny (TMNT)

Hmmm, I don't know....It'd be hard to think up an awesome recipe.

18. OneOnion

I also think people might not be willing to make everyone else's recipe, and there would be a lot of variables: when hermit crabs are hungry, molting, certain days, etc. How about who can make the awesomest-looking food recipe for their hermit crabs, with the ingredients listed? And then the one that's the... best, I guess, would win.

19. cococrisp

Sure, se could just make them over time (like a few months) because that's the point of the contest but we don't have to. But, everyone would take pics. So, it would be partly how well you can decorate what you make. :)

20. Mckenny

I'm just throwing this out there...so this is by no means the end of the discussion...just some food for thought. :flower:

Question...does it have to be a contest for the best recipe?

How about if we contribute recipes...perhaps we could get a new category just for that added to the Category Section on the front page of the Forum.
    We could have a contest for the best name for the recipes.
    Something like "what's for dinner", etc.

Just a thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.