1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics Of Turtle The Crab!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by Mommy2Crabs, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

These are some pics of my biggest crab "Turtle". Get a closer look while you're viewing the pics. It looks like he's smiling! :D

Anyway Turtle changed shells into this pretty green one. I think it suits him except it's a little small. I don't think he'll stay in it, that's why I took the pics. Hope you like!:)

alysakili/Turtle The Crab - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh my gosh Mommy2Crabs....is he doing "stand-up comedy" ?! hahahahaha:D I couldn't resist...;)

3. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

How did you know??? *gasp* :eek: Have you been watching us???!!!! Lol! hahahahahahah...right back at cha babe!:D

4. Mckenny

heeheeheehee......by the way, have you put your molters in the main tank yet?

5. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

No not yet. Kinda woried because they are so small, a smidge bigger than a quarter. One Eye Willy is kinda a bully, I dont want him picking on them. I guess if he does, then he can go in the iso tank and Rainman and Davey Jones can stay in the main. I will not have any bullies! I am the Mommy here, OEW will have to go in time out!

But I think they are ready, they are very active and healthy. I just wanna give em' a bath to make sure there are no mites.

What about you? When are yours due to come up? Any ideas? :)

6. Mckenny

I have 9 PP's and 5 went down to molt. One has since re-surfaced but the other 4 are still down. I'm figuring that between now and the second full week of October they will be up. It's a worry---is my substrate too wet/dry---are they ok---are they alive---are they dead:eek:------jeeze...it's a good thing I'm not a drinker!:D
    By the way...I read on here that if you give all your crabs a bath, they will all smell the same and as a result, the molters will be less apt to draw attention to themselves when you put them back in the main tank.
    Does your crab really have only one eye?

7. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Yes One Eye Willy only has one eye. He came that way. I should have thought there was a reason why he only had one eye. But I didn't think at the time. Now I know why. He can be kinda pushy to some of the other crabs, I bet he pushed someone too much! Lol! I'm gonna keep an eye on that old pirate!

I wonder if it will grow back after a molt?

I don't like to bathe my crabs unless absolutely necessary. I believe it stresses them out. That's been in my own experience. But...I could try it. Have you done it?

8. Mckenny

No I haven't (other than when I first got them of course). They didn't molt in the isolation tank, but when I put them in the main tank, they had one "huge" party! It was like an expressway in there. Then the next evening I couldn't find 4 of them:confused:, sooo, unless they were "Beamed up by Scotty", I assume they are molting.
    The one that has molted already hasn't had any problem with anybody.

My water dishes are deep enough that they can bath themselves, so I don't take them out and do it. I figure they know what's best for them.
    I just mentioned bathing everybody because I thought you had a concern about "One Eye" signaling them out. Maybe they can sneak around to his blind side and get past him that way! Lol
    Sigh...there is so much great info on this and Vicki's site that my little pea brain is stressed. I don't know what in the world I did with my time before these little darlings showed up!:)

9. Mommy2Crabs

Mommy2Crabs (Small Crab)

Oh my gosh Mckenny, you crack me up! Hahahah lol! I think sometimes that they do go around OEW's blind side. I have seen it! That's soooo funny. I'm gonna laugh about that for awhile!

I have one that has molted in the main tank and OWE hasn't picked on him yet. I was just worried cuz the others are little and may not be able to defend themselves. But maybe cuz they're so small, OWE will have a problem finding them. I don't know...My pea brain is stressed too from too much info. Well...at least that's the excuse I use. HeHeHe! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.