1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics of the new 75gal Crabitat

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by Jennifer Leatherwood, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

I will keep notes.. I can tell you so far, even though they are always perching on top of it, none have taken so much as a nibble out of it(which is unusual).

2. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

That is VERY unusual, and a very good sign (and I just adore it when the crabs prove out my hypotheses).

When I put in the dwarf bamboo, they'd killed a whole shoot of it within an hour. Only half of it is left after nearly two weeks. My mangroves are all but dead (and I'm grinding up their little corpses to make the crabs' bread, hee hee hee).

Does sound to me like they know what they're doing. They must do, or they wouldn't be so successful evolutionarily.

3. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Oh, for those following this discussion, Pam was completely correct on everything in that article, but we were all confused at first by the Latin (who isn't? Anyone here speak Latin, LOL?). It's not dieffenbachia it's dracaena. Otherwise, the info is correct.

4. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

First.....Jennifer, that tank is AWESOME! I love it.

Second....I also got a bamboo from Petco the other day. NOT lucky bamboo, the regular stuff like in Jennifer's pics. So far, no one has even looked at it.

5. kuntrygirl261978

kuntrygirl261978 Hi, I'm New Here!

how do u have your light in there?

6. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

PRETTY!!

7. Jennifer Leatherwood

Jennifer Leatherwood (Micro Crab)

kuntry gal,
    I drilled two tiny whole with my dremmel tool, one on the back right corner of the frame and the other on the front left corner. I hung the lights right from these wholes. I had the lights on top but they cracked my first set of glass tops so when I exchanged the glass lids I had to devise a way to hang the lights inside. It worked out pretty well. I have a 40 watt and a 50 watt moonglo in there (my apartment has A.C. and is cold!) They stay on all day all night and keep the temp just about 78-80 during the day and about 75-78 at night.
    Jenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.