1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics of my redone crabatate

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by MyCrabsr2kool, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyCrabsr2kool

MyCrabsr2kool Hi, I'm New Here!

i just got some new stuff (from crab mom ) and re did the tank and the crabs went wild with the new stuff
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is my puppy Kandy going after candy in a cooler with water in it check out the bubbles she is blowing

[​IMG]

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

LMBO! That puppy is too much [​IMG]

and your tank looks very nice btw! I bet your crabs are happy little campers [​IMG]

3. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

HEHE you're puupy's funny.

4. MyCrabsr2kool

MyCrabsr2kool Hi, I'm New Here!

I want to redo the tank but most of my hermies are down. I want to use EE and play sand should i just mix both together or make the tank 1/2 and 1/2? Should I use new sand or can I use some of the old sand? I know I need to put new sand in it's been awhile sience the last change of sand. And what about reptile sand?
    Last night when i went to feed the crabs the sand was really wet so I left the platic wrap off half the tank to dry it out 9I've done this b-4.
    And I want to get a UTH but my tank sits on the floor with carpet it that a good idea? or should i just get a light for it? I have never had a UHT b-4 but this winter we are keeping the heat down cuz of the gas cost.So I want to make sure that they are warm.
    It's like molt time for every0ne here I got 15 crabs in a 35 gallon tank and 9 are down. They all been down for like 3 weeks now and i really want to get this done befor cold wether sets in and i can't take the tank out for a good washing.Any help would Help alot Thanks. I know that I have just put the new stuff in the tank but I want to add new sand and stuff So what do you think.

GO WHITE SOX

5. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

It'd probably be better to place the tank on a dresser,or table,but that's just my opinion.You could try the half and half thing with the sand and EE,just in case some crabs don't like the EE.It's fine to reuse the old sand,just so long as you bake it.I've never heard of reptile sand...
    Since you have a large tank,a moonlight glow bulb(maybe...I dunno...25-40 watts?)would be better.But the UTH helps keep the substrate warm(it has to be a certain temperature).It'd probably be better if a few more people gave their opinions,though.
    I hope that helped.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.