1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pics of my new 20,gallon long.

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by keris hermies, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I'm sure they will....if they like a shell, then they'll strip down anywhere;)
    I don't think they know any difference in the height.....since they are prone to walk off of high places anyway.

2. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

Well I meant like what if their 'naked' and fall from the caddy? I'm afraid he or she might get hurt or maybe evened killed. Could that happen? Has that happened to any of you?

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I would presume nakedness would make them less protected in a fall, but that sounds like a scenario that would be less likely than anything to happen, but then again....these little guys are so unpredictable (sort of:p) I would only worry if I had a particular crab that "streaked" frequently.

4. keris hermies

Ok,sounds good. I'm going to Wal*mart soon. :)

5. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris "Preparing For Second Molt"

In my experience, when they're naked, they're generally not active enough to be exploring.

6. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

I personally like the UTHs. In one of my tats it is 80* on the substrate, while it goes down to 70* on the other side. I also have a side mounted on my 10g. It keeps the side at about 80*, but three inches away from it the temp is 70* to 75*.

7. keris hermies

Well I have a shower caddy now. Yay! Only two crabbies have checked it out though, any of you with shower caddy's for a second level;Do you crabs go up there alot? Anything special you do for them or put up there? Just wanna know so maybe I could make it more inviting. Thanks~Keris hermies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.