1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhotoShop Poll

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by vckums, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vckums

vckums Moderator

Hello everyone, a question has come up and I need everyone's feedback in order to make an informed and fair decision in regards to the contests.

Do you use Photo Shop, Paint, or any other photo enhancing program? If so let me know.

Feel free to give me your thoughts on this...

:) Thanks Everyone :)

Edited to add: McKenny I tried to make a poll with your original thread, but couldn't so I just copied and pasted what you had into a new thread with a poll. Sorry!​

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
  2. vckums

vckums Moderator

The poll ends in 7 days so PLEASE vote! Even if you don't enter contests we'd still like to know your opinion.

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Thanks Vicki...I was in a hurry when I posted that and I never gave any thought to putting up a poll. :)

4. Roach

Roach "Preparing For First Molt"

I have photo shop and use it but I think that it should be a level playing field for all to have fun and enjoy, So I voted no. I just think its a lot more personal with just plain old photo's IMHO. Either way it will be fine for me I just thought there might be less hassle's with no photo shop. Just in case someone might think it was unfair if photo shopped pictures would win or keep winning.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I vote no but I think that it should be allowed this one month because some people already made their pictures, spent time on them and were ready to enter before they found it was not allowed. My opinion...

6. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I voted no because not everyone has photoshop and it would not be fair. I also feel that if they already used photoshop they should not be allowed to use that picture. I is just not fair to others that don't have the program (which I do but not installed). These contests should be natural environment pictures only not even ones with crabs on skate boards or stuff like that which are not natural to crabs. I feel decorating their tanks or putting your crabs on flowers are more natural to their natural environment and should be allowed but not on skate boards or stuff that they would not do in nature.

7. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

I voted yes but only partially yes... I say yes with things like holidays(ie:4th of July, Christmas) but no with other things like the crabitat pics, hermit crabs eating and drinking, etc. etc. things like that. In my opinion, I think it's the photographer's choice to do things like Photoshop or MS Paint or things like that. I didn't know how to use the program I did for this upcoming month's contest, I just wanted to try it out and see what would come of it.

8. Mckenny

Actually I thought the crab on a skateboard was kind of funny.......Cowabunga Dude! :D

I understand what you are saying and I agree, but let's be fair, you don't see hermit crabs driving their car to the beach either. :D:D

9. cococrisp

He he.:eek: But that wasn't photoshop. Is this about photoshop or something else? I'm a little confused.

10. Mckenny

I know...we're starting to run amuck again. :D
    In all fairness, Chermo is voicing an opinion, and that's ok. The contest said "crabs in motion", so hey, cars and skateboards are definitely "motion".
    I don't think OneOnions' was Photo Shopped either.

These contests are supposed to be fun, and bring a little smile to the day.
    So let's all play nice kids......ahem...does anyone need a time-out...hmmmm...? (taps foot) :D :D

Hey...we need a "tapping foot" emoticon.

11. cococrisp

And a shrug one! I would use that every day but I don't have authority for tapping the foot. Maybe that icon is only given to you and the mods.

Anyways, I'm wondering if this poll is for photo shop or for putting hermit crabs on things.:confused: My next picture is NOT putting hermit crabs on things or photo shop anyways but I'm just wondering...

12. Mckenny

This Poll is just to see if anyone uses Photo Shop, Paint, or any other Image Enhancing Software for their pictures. That is what the poll is about.

Now, if you have any comments or thoughts on the subject of using them in the contests, then voice them on here as well.

This just gives me an idea how everyone feels about it and if I should allow "computer enhanced" photo's or not. :)

13. cococrisp

Ok. I also believe that one of the rules is that it has to be your original picture so if you use it all the pictures you include should be your pictures, not ones you get off the internet put into a jumble or something. I think that paint is just drawing put I'm not sure.:confused:

14. Mckenny

It is...I know it's part of Microsoft, but I'm not sure of other operating systems.

...and yes, please be honest...don't take someone else's picture from another site and claim it as your own. :(

15. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I'm not sure. I think it should be allowed in some contests, but most contests, no. I'm on the fence with this poll!

16. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Hermies on skateboards are cute IMHO. It's all right to do that to enter into a photo contest, really it is! Hermies don't live on flowers either, much less crawl on them. And wood or carpet floors, paper towels etc. plastic tubs aren't natural to the crabs so why do you put the hermies in and on them? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.