1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Contest Idea

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by cloie74, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

So I LOVE the photo contests but I thought I would mention this to the powers that be, and also to the members to see what you think.

I am a member of another Hermit crab forum that does a monthly photo contest.
    The way they work things is everyone Emails their picture to an admin or whoever runs the contest, in this case Jellybean.
    Then once it is time to vote Jelly bean posts all the pictures Anonymously and everyone votes.

This does 2 things 1. The biggest I think It stops favoritism votes seeing as nobody knows whos pic is whos and you are voting on the quality of the pic rather than the fact that the crab belongs to your friend.
    and
    2. It stops the need for 2 threads all month and reminding people not to chatter in the wrong thread Etc.

Again, I love the contest and I will enter no matter what, just offering a suggestion. :flowerpot: :petals:

2. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

This sounds pretty good,
    but some people don't want to recieve emails from the mods, or sends emails to them.
    Maybe I just made that up?
    What do you guys think?

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

It's a pretty good suggestion. If Jelly has the time to post all the pictures(that's the biggest thing that would be an issue) then ok. If not then I'll have to step back in and have them email me the pics and I will post them.

4. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

i like this idea!

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hermiefun and I are going to put together a couple of mystery contests for next year. Thanks ~ Cloie74 ~ for the suggestion. :kissflowers:

We're not giving out any details---hey---if I told you, it wouldn't be a mystery! :muahaha: :chuckle:

In the meantime, things have been working out pretty well the way they are. If we see that it may work better by having me post the pics anonymously, then we'll try that, but for now we'll keep it the way it is. :flower:

6. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I have a suggestion!
    I suppose if we're gonna do it this way, the participators should send the mods the "name" of the photo, so people don't get confused when voting.
    Do you know what I'm saying? :dance:

7. imported_Sterwick

imported_Sterwick "Preparing For Second Molt"

Good suggestion Donny but I think people would have done that anyway
    !!!

:no: :katertater: :dontknow: :crabaddict:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.