1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petsmart

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Lightning Yoshi, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning Yoshi

Lightning Yoshi (Micro Crab)

hey new thing, if you like fish i dont suggest going to petsmart, my fish were realy healthy, then i got a new fish, the first week i have my fish my oldest fish who is 4 dies. then the next week, the second oldest who is2 dies. the last week the new fish dies. i dont think it is coincedince i think its disease, what do you think?

2. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

i wouldn't buy any animal from petsmart, all the ones around here the animals look nasty and sick, and the tanks look like they haven't been maintained, especially the reptiles.

3. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

my saying is "If theres Dead or sick looking animals anywhere in the store, Don't buy Pets or products from there!!!"

4. Lightning Yoshi

the one i went to didnt have any of the that the only animals that looked sick were the ones that naturly look sick...

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

They are supposed to quarantine their fish for a couple of weeks before they introduce them to a tank or sell them, but I bet most don't . I used to shop at a mom and pop fish store and they always had these little signs that indicated a new tank of quarantined fish and they wouldn't sell them until the 7 day waiting period was up. I would call and ask your Petsmart if they quarantine new fish or sell them right away. If they don't quarantine then it was probably a disease. Did the fish develop and white spots or a bloated bladder.....or swim upside down....or did you just find them, well you know...dead.

6. Lightning Yoshi

the problem is that i dont know, its suppose to be white, and it was "big boned", so i dint know if its bladder was bloated.

7. ninjasgorawr

ninjasgorawr (Micro Crab)

I live in the Reno/Tahoe area of Nevada and the only places to get hermit crabs is either Petco or Petsmart! What store would you recommend between the two, or are there other options?
    I'm hesitant about buying live animals online and getting them shipped.

8. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Your Petco & Petsmart may be one of those rare ones that really care about the pets they sell. Go check them out first. See how they keep and maintain their tanks.

The one on line place that is trusted is TheCrabbagePatch.

9. ninjasgorawr

ninjasgorawr (Micro Crab)

I checked out both. Petco has a HUGE area for its hermit crabs, but most of them are sick or dead in their shells. There's almost too much room, with no toys or plants, only a hermit hut, water bowls, and a fish net for climbing. Petsmart has 2 5 gallon tanks with about 15 hermies each, and a couple of plants, 3 bowls, and a hermie hut. I'm thinking Petsmart might be the better place to buy, but I'm just not sure. I might be able to take pics next time I'm there and post them- I'll see what I can do.

10. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

If you have any doubts - don't.
    I found a ma & pa store near my house that sells hermies. When I first went there - they had just got a shipment - still in their shipping crate. I bought two, but was leery as I couldn't find a tank that would house them. After a couple of weeks, one did not make it. My hubby and I went back and those little creatures were still in that crate. The owner said that he didn't have a place for a tank and besides they do fine as the entire store had enough humidity. He also did not show any concern for our loss and acted like he didn't have to time to talk. I never went back.

11. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

My Petsmart is immaculate. Their tanks are always beyond clean. And one thing I'm highly impressed about is their hermit crab tank, they're right on track.

The bad place here to buy fish is Big Al's. It's gone down hill. It's stinky, etc. I don't own fish, but my mom always has a nice tank on the go. She bought a fish from there not too long ago and some kind of mold on the fish spread through the tank. Luckily she got rid of it and everyone is ok.

I guess every place has a lousy store.

12. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

We have one of those full time flea markets where people set-up little businesses. My mom said they had hermit crabs in their pet shop and she said the pet store there is pretty nasty. I'm afraid to even go and check out the hermits...they might have mites!:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.