1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PetSmart stopped

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by CoolDoggy10, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Do you remember when I got Energizer?
    When I bought him at this Petsmart it was so horrible. I called three weeks ago and this happen. So today I got a new hermit crab name Waffles. So when I got to the hermit crab tank I was shocked. It was so horrible last time and they change the tank completely(they change the tank so good, I thought that was the lizard tank). It's now EE. not pebbles. Have actual leaves. Only 4 painted hermit crabs, not the whole entire tank. When I got waffles, the lady who get the little container so you can take it home asked us "Do you have a tank?" and "Do you have extra snail shells so Waffles can change?" So that the best PetSmart I ever been in yet.

2. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Great job, CoolDoggy10!

3. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Nice. I wish I could do that.:p

4. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

When I dialed the number I got a little scared. I don't really know why but I was nervous.

5. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

I didn't tell them I was the one who did that

6. Chase

Chase "First Molt In Progress"

But you still did it!

You have to understand, it's you against one giant organization, and if you made one store realize, soon the whole company will realize.

Great job!

:)

7. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

Great Job!! My petsmart has almost great tank conditions. They have EE and only a few pained shells,but natural shells to change into. The only thing is that thy dont have any water in there. :p i'm going to work on that. But when you want to buy a hermit crab they make you sign a paper that says you know how to take care of them and Blah blah and it even has a care sheet. Most of the facts on there are right.

8. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

My PetSmart has EE, , actual food, and 2 hidey-huts. But no water.

9. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Great job! I did that too! my petsmart is pretty good now too.:) Come one people! Change the world for these little guys.

10. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

It was so funny because I was looking at there tank then there label "land Hermit crabs" and I was thinking "oh wait this is what I did" "Wow!"

11. OneOnion

Hey Cooldoggy I was thinking about calling my petsmart today to tell them about how to correctly treat hermit crabs(with really nothing else to do with my vacation time:() and I was wondering, what did you say to them? How did you stop them from using calci-sand as the deep substrate?

12. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Yeah, what did you say? I might call them today too.

13. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Well I just said I wanted to speak to the manager. Then I said to the manager "I saw what you have done to the hermit crab tank and I want your store to change since I saw all these bad things." If you do this stuff might change

14. OneOnion

Welll I called them but I forgot to ask for the manager -.- and they said they weren't allowed to change it and they had rules they had to follow on how to take care of them. Maybe I'll try again later and ask for the manager maybe he's allowed to change it.

15. cococrisp

When I went in they were blabbering all this junk about how their "Vet" told them to use gravel because the crabs eat it and it was calcium blah blah blah so I told them that the crabs could get the same amount of calcium out of one little piece of gravel as they could out of an ocean of it so now they have coco fiber with a little dish of gravel.:D

16. cococrisp

Well, you must be having a very exciting vacation! TO me, calling pet smart is the best thing I can do with my vacation.:)

17. OneOnion

I decided to send them an email instead. I made a whole new email account with a fake name, too. My fake name's Eric Hinton Lol.

Wait petsmarts do have emails right? xD I'm gonna check right now

Shoot! I don't think they have emails! So much for Eric Hinton. D: Maybe I'll send a letter. They do take letters, right? xD

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  18. OneOnion

Kk I typed up a letter here it is. :)
    ---
    Dear Store Manager,

On a recent visit to your store, I viewed your hermit crab tank, and noticed some problems with the setup.

The substrate in the tank was too shallow. Hermit crabs dig down to shed their exoskeleton, or molt, so moist substrate 4-5 inches deep (preferably “Bed-A-Beast” or “Eco-Earth”) is imperative.

There was no hygrometer in the setup. Hermit crabs come from tropical forests and beaches, so they need a hygrometer with 70-80% humidity. Hermit crabs have modified gills that only breathe air that is high in humidity, so in a tank with no humidity, hermit crabs slowly suffocate and usually die within 3 weeks to a month. Also, a lid on the tank would help the humidity.

There was only one water bowl. Hermit crabs need de-chlorinated salt and fresh water to survive, and the water bowls you keep the water in need to be deeper. Be sure, however, that there is a sponge or a shell that they can use to climb on to so that they can get out. If you use a sponge, be sure to wash it once in a while because sponges easily harbor bacteria.

There was only commercial food in the food bowl. Fresh fruits should also be included in the food bowl along with the commercial food. It is a proven fact that hermit crabs like to eat different things every day; and how would you like to eat white bread every day for the rest of your life? Also, surprisingly, hermit crabs like to eat crushed cuttlebone for birds as a calcium supplement, as it helps make their exoskeleton stronger.

Hermit crabs are usually called “throwaway pets,” but if you follow the things I listed here, hermit crabs can live for up to 30 years! I hope you consider the above suggestions.

19. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Sounds absolutely great!

20. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Great job, Eric Hilton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.