1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petsmart is getting better...

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by crazy4crabs, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Well I went to petsmart awhile ago and saw they had the worst crabby conditions ever! Dead crabs, pellets food, bone dry sand, no lid. So on my receipt it had a phone number to take a survey and get 3 dollars off your next purchase. Well at the end of the survey it asked me to leave a one minute comment about the store. Thats what I did. I told them everything they were doing wrong and told them that if they didnt fix it by then next time I was in their I would start telling people to stop shopping there. It worked! Now they have a lid, crushed pellet food, water bowls that the crabs can all fit into. The only problem is that they still have dead crabs and now the are using bark bedding. I think Ill be heading up to petsmart today ( I got a 20$ giftcard for christmas) so we will see how well they are still doing.

2. hermit man

hermit man Hi, I'm New Here!

tahts awesome i go to petco but the bad conditions are the same once i had to remind them to close the door/lid !!!!!!! wats up with that

3. crazy4crabs

I dont know... I cant stand pet stores. well when I went back they had the same conditions. I am pleased that they are trying. Im going to see if they are hiring so I can take care of the poor little guys!

4. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

At least they are trying to get better. :) Some pet stores completely ignore concerns/comments. My petsmart has okay conditions. They're not great, but not horrible. At least you were there to tell them their mistakes. The wittle hermies are probably thanking you now. :) Good idea to work for them! You can call yourself the hermit crab expert! When someone goes to buy a crab, you can tell them everything hermies need, give them caresheets, and show them some stuff they need. :)

5. SerenityRose

SerenityRose Hi, I'm New Here!

Petsmart has gotten better over here, they used to leave the tank with limbs all over the place and dead hermies, but i dont see that now.im going to apply and if i get the job i will make sure they get better because the other day i adopted a ruggie(no name yet because i have to get it to trust me so i can see if its a boy or a girl) and as i was waiting for this lady to get the key to the tank, i looked at the humidity and temperature guages and the humidity was 40%...i told her that the humidity needed to be higher but she seemed to not care.

Also, they had another tank with hermies with painted shells on and called them "fancy hermit crabs" and raised the price...i think thats wrong.

6. crazy4crabs

deffinately... considering that they are raising the price and killing crabs at the same time. man they bother me...

7. msmarvell

msmarvell (Micro Crab)

the PetCo that i go to has a huge tank in the middle of the store. The mutiple water dishes are always full and there is always a lot of fresh and dried food in various dishes. Most of the crabs seem active.

8. littlelucylu2007

littlelucylu2007 Hi, I'm New Here!

Im in australia so i go to my local one called midland aquatic centre
    the first time i went their it was good most of the crabs looked happy
    but when i went their to get some food for george and mildred (my crabs)
    it was really bad they where all hundled up in corners they didnt have any water or food and they are on shell grit which i think is ok
    the tank is fairly small.

9. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

The Petsmart in my town, they had hermit crab supplies but no hermit crabs, which is weird, so i get my hermies from Petco. the conditions ther could be a little better, by moving them back into the big tank they were in rather than keep them in the two 10gallons, but other than that, the hermies seem happy, and the staff is knowledgable about the crabs. everytime i go in there, which is frequent, they recognize me, and one guy has asked how my hermies are doin'. lol so i'm pretty happy with Petco.

10. melcodena

melcodena Hi, I'm New Here!

I bought my Mr. Krabs last week from a "pet supplies plus" and the tank they had them in was horrendous. None of the crabs were moving around and it took me ten minutes to find a crab that barely resembled being alive. Well, I brought him home with me, and he never really warmed up to me or any one else. He died night before last. I just feel so bad about those poor little guys at the store, they don't even have a chance. It's horrible

11. crazy4crabs

i hate petstore people.. lol i know thats sounds wicked mean but come on... if you have a pet in the store shouoldnt you learn how to take care of it so that you can better equip the new owners with the proper information?

12. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

How about when they have large hermies with small hermies? Is that possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.