1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petsmart: Have you seen this yet?

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by wickedannabella, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

I was perusing PetsMart's website, especially their self-proclaimed HERMIT CRAB STORE.
    They had this little item (along with other "terrariums" and critter keepers" but this was too much. I wrote a scathing review which IF it gets posted will take a couple of days to show up, but keep an eye out for it.
    PetSmart - Giant Little Crab Shack
    *shakes head*
    Like I said in my review...someday petsmart will realize hermit crabs are NOT disposable pets!

2. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

that's rediculous!!!

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

fresh breeze my tuckus :(

4. courtastic

courtastic Hi, I'm New Here!

how does it "keep them warm"? last i checked, neither plastic nor wire was a good insulation.
    it's too bad that all these little cages are designed so cute and look like the perfect thing for a little pet.

5. wickedannabella

wickedannabella (Micro Crab)

Hmmmm - my review still hasn't surfaced yet. IMAGINE THAT!

6. landhermie

landhermie "Never Molted"

I tried to make a review on it before on Petco, but predictably, it didn't get published onto there, even though I put alternatives on there that people who are already hermit crab owners probably would've switched if they cared about their pets. I even mentioned about buying the alternatives from Petco I think.

7. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

its a waste of time, they only post the "good reviews" so people will buy their crap.

8. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

well I like the cages but I would not put my hermit crab in that. My local petsmart never even has a dead crab so they wouldn't sale that!

9. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Boo!!!! That's horrible!!!! But is just so cute and that's why it sells....appeals to kids who don't know any better. I hope your review shows up!!

10. crabbiepants

crabbiepants (Micro Crab)

You wanna know something even worse they have deleted the link in your post. Another thing when I worked at Petsmart this past Sept to the end of November I got fired for giving to much help to owners. Considering I own fish and birds and hamsters and lizards and 4 dogs and 3 hermies I think I know what I am talking about right. Well if you give ppl to much info they fire you. I was helping a woman with a new puppy when I got fired because I took 45 mins to help her she ended up buying almost 300 dollars worth of stuff and they fired me at the end of my shift. So if they have ppl that are very knowledgeable they fire them. So that is why you can never get help in the mega stores... I do most of my shopping now in a store in Garner NC called Carolina Pet Supplies and they are great and very knowledgeable but they don't carry much for hermies they have alot of stuff for lizards and most of that I can make work for the hermies. Good luck and happy shopping.:confused:

11. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

yeah I do like the look of the cage but hermies would not like to be in that!

12. hermet lover

hermet lover Hi, I'm New Here!

it cutie so lots of people will buy it i think its wrong! all it is they whant to make a sell thows people dont cair about the crabs there killing!

13. zenscifi

zenscifi Hi, I'm New Here!

I also have this cage along with a ten gallon glass aquarium which one should they be kept in? (i have two)

14. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Keep your crabs in the 10 gallon aquarium. There is nothing good about that little crab shack...

15. xbrandix

xbrandix Hi, I'm New Here!

i posted a review on petsmart, lets just see if it appears, i agree with "crabbiepants" because once i went there and this bird was freaking out so i went and told an employee and GUESS WHAT the employee had no idea what was wrong with it so she went and got her manager (who was a 20ish blonde chick) and all the manager did was stand in front of the cage and stare at the bird (obviously she had no idea what was wrong with the bird) so no body at any of those mega stores has a clue

16. Klara Rose

Klara Rose Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone...ok, i want to tell u something about petsmart. Ok, i started working at one in late July and I work mainly in petcare so I do get to work with the customers and their pets. And I am also the "go to person" about hermit crabs. I just want everyone to know that the Petsmart that I work at is pretty good with their hermit crabs. I am slowly getting them to switch the care they give the hermits. They now give them baths once a week and make sure they always have food and water and they are even thinking about putting them in play sand instead of bed a beast (which is what they are in now.) and a few weeks ago, I helped a customer with a hermit set up and she spent over a hundred dollars on 5 hermits!!! She had a FANTASTIC set up and was very happy that there was actually someone there who knew about hermits! And most of all, my manager congragulated me for making a GREAT SALE and the customer even talked to the manager about how helpful I was to her and her new hermits!!

17. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Too bad there are not more people out there working in the petstores like you Klara. Good job!

18. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Congrats and Great Work!!!!!

19. Klara Rose

Klara Rose Hi, I'm New Here!

Thanks, I am making an effort to help hermits there. And actually, if I can keep working my way up, I will eventually (hopefully) be able to get all of the PetSmarts to have their hermits in play sand. If I am able to get that done, my next goal is to get them to give them all natural food (not that nasty processed food that they have now.) One plus though, they are giving the hermits fresh fruit and veggies now too!!!

20. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Klara Rose!
    Keep up the good work! As a customer, I'm more likely to return to a store with knowledgeable sales people.

Which reminds me: I went into a store recently and the crab conditions were okay. But there was only one dish of water with a rather large sponge in it. So I asked one of the clerks whether the bowl had fresh water or saltwater. After a lot of stuttering between salt and fresh, he came up with this one - The bowl had freshwater and the sponge had the salt water!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.