1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petsmart, hattiesburg ms

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by mermaid, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mermaid

mermaid Hi, I'm New Here!

I see that lots of people have had bad experiences with Petsmart, so I was leery about going there, but I gave my local store a chance. (Hattiesburg, MS.)

The crabs they have are in a tank with gravel, and I thought from reading this message board that they probably ought to have sand. Aside from that, they seem to have the other things recommended on here and seem healthy. (I'm incredibly new at this...everything I know about crabs comes from this message board!)

But this is mostly a GOOD review: When I came up to the counter with my 10-gallon tank and some other things, the girl there asked what I was going to put in the tank. I told her about my crabs, and she said, "I am SO glad to see someone buying a 10-gallon tank for hermit crabs!" She then expressed dismay at the people who let their crabs live in tiny little carriers and don't learn how to take care of them, and the way people see hermit crabs as "disposable." She does not even have crabs herself (she has turtles, frogs, and snakes)!

The cashier called over another employee who DOES have hermit crabs, and she told me all about hers and gave me some of the same advice I've gotten on here about what to feed them and how to keep their home warm and humid enough. I've gone in there twice since then, and she always remembers my crabs and helps me find the things I need.

So, crabs here are pretty lucky in our Petsmart, thank goodness!

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Thats great! One in thousands of stores who aren't knowldgeable.

3. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

4. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

Im glad one petstore is actually giving there crabs a chance to thrive!

5. courtastic

courtastic Hi, I'm New Here!

both of the petsmarts near meare pretty good too. i keep meaning to post reviews on them but i always forget!

6. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

im glad our petsmart doesnt sell hermies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.