1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pets mart

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Lightning Yoshi, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyssa9801

alyssa9801 Hi, I'm New Here!

and does someone have a one page (either one or two sides) fact sheet that they can share with everyone so we can include that with our letters.

i think that this could be effective if enough people respond.

and if you have a local pet shop with horrendous conditions we could flood them with mail as well if you list their address.

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I am working on a care sheet, I would love help if anyone would like to give me suggestions on what to add to the sheet.

3. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Ok here is my care list for the store letters, everyone draft up your own letters and let us know what they say before you send them off. You can include this list of care instructions with you letter.

Proper Hermit Crab Care
    - Day and night light cycle
    - Temp should be between 70 to 84 degrees
    - Humidity should be between 73% and 85% realtive as they have modified gills and need to have humidity to breathe
    - No commercial foods - fresh foods like fruits and vegetables
    - Aquarium Marine Salt water - declorinated, the dish should be big enough for the crabs to fully submerge themselves
    - Fresh declorinated water, the dish should be big enough for the crabs to fully submerge themselves
    - 3 extra shells per crab
    - NO METAL, it could kill the crabs
    - Plenty of hiding spaces
    - Play Sand or Eco Earth as a substrate in your stores 2" should be enough for the depth but they do require it to be 2" deeper than the biggest crab
    - Stuff to climb
    - Hydrometer and temperature gauge

All this stuff is sold in your stores so please use it, you will see less crabs back due to death of post purchase syndrome.

My letter will follow, I wanted to get you this care list incase you have anything to add. Remember this is just for their stores for use for care. If you think we should add another list for their new care sheet then let me know and I will get that information so they have new updated care sheets to give to customers.

4. alyssa9801

Has anyone looked at the care sheet at crabotanicals? if people like it, maybe we can ask if it is ok to distribute to pet stores. I think it would be nice if we could include links on the care sheet to a couple of online hermit crab sites like this one and the land hermit crab association.

5. alyssa9801

[FONT=arial,verdana]I understand the need for fresh foods, however are there any commercial foods that the petstore could feed and then supplement with fresh foods?
    [/FONT]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.