1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petri's gone :(

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by alliswell777, Nov 2, 2010.

1. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

:sad5: hey guys, i was changing out petri's water, & thought id move a couple big pieces if that nasty cypress bedding from on top of her. i actually saw one of her claws after doing this. the color wasnt good. i dared to budge her a little, with no movement. i ventured to budge a little more, only to see that she was gone...& had been for some time. her exo was stiff & crunchy-almost. i probed just a bit, but it was evident that shed been dead for awhile.  :crybaby2: we had her for 2 days before she went down. i was so hopeful that shed be fine. this is crab #4 that we've lost this year. the third one that we bought from Earthbound Trading Co. carrie came up for 2 days- i think because her little sand bubble collapsed around her. she was very shakey & niticeably weak. she did go to the water, but was back down under by the 2nd. day. i just feel like i dont want to buy anymore crabs. carries down, so company doesnt exactly matter at this point. i just feel so bummed out. i hope petri was comfortable each day prior to her passing.  :flower:

2. eljhdl

eljhdl "First Molt, A Success"

Oh no!  I am sorry Alliswell!  Don't give up hope though.  Next time you see Carrie up, get that bedding changed out, stabilize the tank and then think about more. 

:hug2:

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I'd just do what is said about, wait a little bit before you get another one, go through the care sheets maybe there is something you are missing?? Just a suggestion. I have one down now going on 3 months now, usually after 2 they are up. I'm beginning to worry!

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Did you ever check to see if she was inside the shell. That could have been her exo just sticking out of her shell. Most crabs do molt inside their shell.

5. alliswell777

alliswell777 Guest

yeah, i checked it real good. she stunk, & the fore-body was crunchy & her abdomen was hardening mush. im definately going to wait before getting more. i wanna get my hood & lites for sure. thanks guys  :flower: