1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petland

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by alli'smommy, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Okay, so today my poor Daisy succomed to PPS.

My little girl was so distraut, as was I, that we stopped in Petland to get a new crab.

The conditions that Daisy came from there were HORRIBLE, as previously written. This time, they were not perfect, but much better!! There were hideys and food and water. The sales girl was very gentle with them and let me inspect them. She hated the painted shells, but said that is the only way they come. She said the crabs had been switching shells all day, probably trying to get away from the paint. She wanted to put some natural ones in there for them, but her manager wouldn't let her--said the pretty shells sell better. She asked me if I had some unpainted shells for the crab when I got home and also made sure there were other crabs at home for it to play with. She recommended ISO for "a while" and seemed to really know about crabs. At least more than any other person I've talked to there!

Anyway, since I am always griping about PetLand, thought I'd share a good story!!

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

As well meaning people who 'rescue' crabs are, they have to realize that crabs in very poor conditions are most likely not going to make it.
    There's a lot of controversy about buying crabs from pet stores with very bad conditions, or not encouraging these pets stores by buying their crabs so they replace the crabs for sale while still having horrible conditions.
    It's a personal choice, but I've decided to get my crabs from reputable dealers, not pet stores. I get crabs that I know were kept in optimal conditions and also have already had at least one molt.
    So I'm glad you found a place where the crabs are well cared for and I think you should encourage them to keep these good conditions by patronizing their store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.