1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petco

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by coloradocrabber, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coloradocrabber

coloradocrabber Hi, I'm New Here!

I once baught a crab at Petco. It died a month later. I went there today and humidity and temp were bad. Anyway i saw this cute cute crab a white grey color and another crab a white, brown, and black striped color. So should i get them? I mean there was legs littering the ground and it was really bad, will that crab die like the other crab will it harm my crabs at home? Will it be sick? I have not had good expieriences there! Will the crbs be OK? Petco so far for me does not take good care of crabs!

2. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Well you can look at it as rescue crab(s). I would say get them if you have a ISO you can put them in for a month or two. You could save there life. Petco's are funny like that. They are hit or miss meaning some are great and some are poorer then poor conditions.

Cappa

3. Dawn

Dawn Hi, I'm New Here!

I bought 2 crabs from Petco not too long ago and put them in my ISO. They are doing fine so far but I keep the humidity up, heat up and lots of food and water for them. They seem to be doing good. I also keep them in a quiet kinda dark room. I almost didn't get them but couldn't stand the thought of leaving the store where they would have certain death and I had to give them a chance. I would have taken them all but couldn't afford it so I did what I could. Still don't know if they will make it but at least they are more comfortable. Hope this helps. [​IMG]

4. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dawn:
    I bought 2 crabs from Petco not too long ago and put them in my ISO. They are doing fine so far but I keep the humidity up, heat up and lots of food and water for them. They seem to be doing good. I also keep them in a quiet kinda dark room. I almost didn't get them but couldn't stand the thought of leaving the store where they would have certain death and I had to give them a chance. I would have taken them all but couldn't afford it so I did what I could. Still don't know if they will make it but at least they are more comfortable. Hope this helps. [​IMG] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dawn, I see that you, like me, are in Houston, so I just have to share... after ranting about the Petcos near me beacuse they moved their crabs in to the overheated reptile cabinets, one of them finally fixed things -- the Petco on Weslayan. It is the first time I have EVER seen a store with the proper temp AND humidity in their crabitat. It's still in the reptile cabinet, but in an end unit now, where apparently they are not temperature-controlled. The humidity and temp were both at 75, and the crabs were strolling about and eating and drinking (from both fresh and salt water dishes, no less). I couldn't believe it -- I re-checked the gauges three times! I hope they keep this up. I will be watching their stock carefully for exotics from now on. [​IMG]

5. coloradocrabber

Can i put them in the same iso or sepperate them? And in a few months will they be safe around my other crabs? I saw at the store many legs on the tank floor so i think maybe they are aggresive and or badly taken care of.

I just found out! One of the crabs at PETCO that i want is a cavipe!

6. coloradocrabber

I am getting the crabs tonight!

7. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Good luck with your new guys... getting a Cavipes is especially cool! [​IMG]

8. coloradocrabber

They are here in iso! They're beautiful!!!

9. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

[​IMG] Yay a Cavipes!

I'm feeling pretty jealous right now [​IMG] LOL
    Congrats on your new crabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.