1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

petco, petsmart

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by cursedkid, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

ive only gone to petco,petsmart, i think petco is lot better at caring for their crabs, their tanks look humid, but petcos dry, never seen a dead crab at petco, every time i go to petsmart, atleast 2 dead crabs, petcos is food/water dish is filled with food and water, petco doesnt even put a dish in there

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

ummm...you said petco twice and I'm really confused.LOL
    But I see what you're going.A lot of pet stores just aren't educated about the animals they carry,especially hermit crabs.A small "mom and pop" store near my town keeps their crabs in a WIRE cage! [​IMG]
    There was a Petco near that mom and pop store that looked really good at first:plenty of hiding places,humid tank with EE as substrate,extra shells,fresh water,food,and gauges.I was going to get my crabs there,but the next time I went there,there were flies in the tank and many of the crabs looked sick.
    Petsmart has been improving though.Their problem is that they put too many crabs in one tank...they're really overcrowded.Plus there's no gauges and the food isn't crushed.
    It's just really sad how these awesome critters are mistreated in pet stores.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.