1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petco is listening-We are making a difference!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by kuplakrabs, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

I decided to take a drive to the nearest Petco because I got a coupon in the mail for a free mini critter carrier. I figured it would be a good bug cage for my son. Naturally, I had to stroll by the hermit crab tank....they weren't there! They had been moved to the huge hexagon style tank near the front of the store. They had at least an inch of coconut fiber type bedding (although it was a bit dry) a food dish and two water bowls (which the little ones can get in and out of) along with plenty of things to climb on. The humidity was a bit low, but at least they are trying.

I have seen other posts describing the move from the "reptile" cages to this new hexagon set up from other crabbers around the country. It is apparent someone up in the ranks is paying attention. So let's all keep up the good work!

The straws were still kept separately in the reptile cages, but I guess we are at least making some headway. They had just received a new shipment of straws and they were on sale for 9.98, so I peeked at them. I saw two little guys in thais mutabalis shells and just had to get them. I had my daughter with me, so it is always difficult for me to concentrate with her around....I didn't realize until I got out to the car, that cashier only charged me for one! So all in all, it was a pretty good trip for me today-alas, though, still no cavipes.

Oops forgot to add that it is the Petco in West Seneca, NY

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

great news!!! [​IMG]
    I went to my Petco this evening. The humidity was way, way too low, but had couple inchs of substrate, food and water.
    Started telling the young man about this site and he said he will come so he can learn all about the crabs and better the conditions in his store!!!
    One step at a time! [​IMG]

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

It would be great if he would join the forum [​IMG] And from your other post, it sounds like you have a new little Rugosus friend at your house [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.