1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Supplies Plus :( horrible

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by haleye1997, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

I went to pet supplies plus today to but some more things and i saw the hermies on a substrate of gravel very little calci sand and a ton of broken shells. Every single shell in that tank was painted!:mad: NO WATER!:( very little food and huge crabs in little shells no extra big shells for them! and only one type of water FRESH:mad:

if you would like to contact them about this also please tell me so i know if i have helped at all here is the number and address
    690 North State Street
    Westerville, OH 43082

614-794-9677
    614-794-9577 (FAX)

2. Agustus&Nigel

Agustus&Nigel (Micro Crab)

I know I've been there before and I was really disappointed, I hoped that they would have some nice crabs there but...I guess not. I went there looking for good crabs and all I got was disappointment. It was very disappointing.

3. ma8201

ma8201 "Never Molted"

I have been there before too and the conditions of the hermit crabs tank were horrible. They had very little sand and of the 5 tiny dime sized crabs that they had in there 3 were dead and out of their shells. I took my girls out of that store so fast, I didn't want them seeing the dead crabs.

4. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

People these days -sighs- I truly believe people should not be allowed to work at Pet places without actual knowledge about the animals they are trying to sell. Its frustrating going to pet places, ask them how to care for the pet and the employees not know anything about the things they are selling..I think I'll actually write these guys a letter -.-

5. Allison

Allison "Never Molted"

I know this was posted a couple months ago, but I had a problem with pet supplies plus and I emailed corporate and they got back the store right away! If you have a problem with them contact them! Its kind of a local business (it started in mi). The problem was taken care of within two days!
    One person makes a difference =]

6. Chase

Chase "First Molt In Progress"

I didn't even have to finish reading the whole story to know what you were talking about.

It's a known fact; Pet stores DO NOT take care of their pets.

It's very sad, and hopefully they will stop and take a look at the damage, maybe someday.

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Go to the store and talk to them. It usually works better. I'm working on the petsmart near me. I've tried two people and nothing has happened yet though.:( I prefer to talk to people on the internet but usually you can get more things done when you can give them the long list of things they do wrong and answer any questions a lot faster.

8. flamelet

flamelet (Micro Crab)

All the Pet Supplies Plus stores that I've been to in Florida are wretched. :mad: Most of their crabs have missing limbs that have fallen off somewhere in the tank and was left there by employees!:eek: Many places that sell hermit crabs often only offer the crabs painted shells so they can raise their prices for "fancy crabs..." :mad:

They are horrible. I'm not impressed with anything of theirs. I've looked at their fish, and like so many other pet stores, they carry tatooed fish. Yes... fish injected with dye. PetSmart and Petco also care these fish- the brightly colored neon pink, green, and yellow fish. They're actually zebra striped danios injected with dye. Horrible! Not a big fan of any place that would mutate/mistreat animals to make an extra buck.

~flamelet~

9. cococrisp

Wow. I had no clue about the colored fish.

10. Allison

Allison "Never Molted"

That is awful!!!! Why on Earth would they do that to fish???

11. Chase

Chase "First Molt In Progress"

I didn't even have to read the whole story to know what what you would say.

It's a known fact; Pet stores DO NOT take care of most of their pets.

Honestly I don't think spamming their mailboxes with mail will do much, it's a nationwide company, which means they wouldn't close even if you sued them.

12. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

That's so horrible! :( Those poor hermit crabs! Does Petsupplies plus have an e-mail? I heard PetSmart is really bad, too. Why would they dye those fish? One, it's so cruel, and two, those fish look much more beautiful without the dye!
    Although it may seem like all pet stores do not take care of their pets, a store called Pet Goods is the exception to this rule! All of the animals there seem happy and well-treated. The hermit crabs actually got the proper care! They were in a glass 20g with eco earth, lots of climbing toys, fresh and salt water, and lots of extra shells. I don't remember what they fed them, but the hermit crabs seemed really happy and healthy! This is where I got Crusty and Sky.

13. cococrisp

Yes I agree. Every pet store mistreats pets I think. Even the reptiles. I just say that the tank you keep your animal in should be at least twice as big as the one at the pet store.

14. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

petland is ok but they get thier dogs from puppy mills :( we should stop mills..... they do take ok care of thier guinea pigs though. i would just suggest using different bedding they use paper shredded. :( sigh...

15. cococrisp

Have you researched your piggies yet? How is your upgrade going?

16. clover

yes i have researched especially pigge pregnancy! and i am waiting for a great deal on a tank

17. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Awesome! If you have any questions you should ask my bff! She is a guinea pig expert!

18. cococrisp

My best friend has a guinea pig too. I don't think she know everything but she has one named Blackie and he really likes to eat lettuce.:D

19. clover

i think addy is in labor there is a hige wet spot in there and she is running around spinning in circles eating a ton and going crazy! omg what do i do?!?!?!?!

20. cococrisp

Research!!!:D I don't know anything about guinea pigs.:confused: This is a hermit crab forum.:) GO find a guinea pig one. I don't think so though. I think that they pee, run around and eat a lot on a regular basis.:confused: *Shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.