1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet Smart Exposed!

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by CoolDoggy10, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

The store that I got Energizer had horrible things in the hermie tank. First two broken limbs in the right corner where customer can see! Then the tank had no water no food and no sponges and I think it didn't had the thermometer and a humidity meter also. Last but not least almost all of the hermies were painted! Atleast thhey gave me a nice hermiem so there not intirely bad! This there website. Store #405 PetSmart Store Locations for Pet Supplies and Pet Accessories | PetSmart

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Are you going to go ask them to change their condition? I did it and it worked. In the end they had vines and hides and all sorts of things!:)

3. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Yes i was already thinking about that.

4. spane116

spane116 (Micro Crab)

Best of luck. I hope they will change things for the poor guys.

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Good luck! :)

6. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

I completely understand what you are going through with PetSmart. I have had problems with the store near me for a Long time. The crab tanks are a Nightmare, I have calmly made suggestions and talked to the manager there about improving their conditions, but very little has changed. They Finally got rid of the big Rocks, and put some Eco & chips in the tank, it's never moist though, but I guess it's better than the rocks.
    2 days ago I was there- it smelled awful, had several dead crabs, and limbs laying around the tank. I picked up a crab & he came out to see me (he was missing some of his BP) and what do I See??? Mites!!! Not booklice, but the kind of mites that will kill crabs, and they were Crawling all over him. I felt Horrible for him. I found an employee and showed him, and he said that they would be given a bath. I asked if they would All be bathed? and he said- yes. I am going back tomorrow. This just proves the importance of ISO for new crabs, you never know what they may bring with them from the store. It's so sad.

7. Laughs O Lot

That's really sad! :( poor crabs. I hope they get rid of those mites!
    Oh my gosh Dezzi!!! :D I haven't seen you in ages! We all missed you. :(

8. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Dezzi That happen to Clowny; may rest in peace! He has lice when I bought him but I didn't see that till a couple days after. Poor Clowny he had 10000 bathes

9. Laughs O Lot

Poor Clowny! :(

10. Dezzi

I'm sorry to hear about Clowny :( We go there to get crabs thinking they will be healthy - Which they Should Be- but unfortunatly most of the time they are stressed from living in an environment that is So bad for them.

11. cococrisp

That's sad. :( Some people just don't relize that crabs are living things just like them. I see pets for adoption in the baby and toy section of craigslist! They are not toys or little junky rubber things you throw away!

12. Laughs O Lot

I know! It's terrible how some people treat their hermit crabs. Not only are they living, but they have feelings, too. It was scientifically proven that they could feel pain! They could be happy and sad and irritated, too! And some people treat them like barbie dolls.

13. Dezzi

Yeah they are "disposable" to some people, as if they are just an object to toss away. It's just not right. I went back to the store, and I handled the crabs and looked for mites - I didn't "see" any - but they still could have had them, and they def. didn't look healthy. Although almost All of them were So scared they wouldn't come out. Even though I let them lay quitely on my palm for a while.

14. cococrisp

Maybe you could offer to help them set up a new tank and someone said I could go to the humane society or something and ban the sell of hermit crabs in painted shell!:)

15. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

the petsmart near me has pretty good conditions im happy to say they have Eco-earth substrate but sadly they only have fresh water available (trying to fix that) many hiding places,and humidity and tempature gauges. And they sell them in painted shells also. I'm tryingto fix somethings but other than that they seemed pretty healthy and when I asked if I could buy one they said i had to have my mother sign a paper that says that we know about hermit crabs and there was a care sheet provided I walked outside to have my mom sign it but she wouldnt let me get one :( but we have the paper so we can go back and get a few soon I cant wait! OH and they sell them in natural shells as well as painted ones

16. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

I got all my hermies from PetSmart 462 or 469. They have cricket gel for water and mush for food! And 1/2 of sand on the bottom! Painted shells, OMG.

17. cococrisp

Cricket gel!!! THat's just weird.

18. billtjr52

billtjr52 Hi, I'm New Here!

The Pet Smart in Winston Salem NC was terrible.

19. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

Yeah, it is! And mush that looks like the sand for food. tsk tsk. (I meant 1/2 inch of sand.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.