1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pet shops when will they learn?????????

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by ashleigh, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

well went down to the pet shop down the road from me today and well they such I mean this is the second time they could not care less NO FOOD NO WATER NO LID on the tank and this is just the crabs. I had ago them before they there great for what 2 months and now there are dead crabs in the tank and they stink really bad .I think they don't care about what I have to say because I'm only 13 but that is not the point. I saved 2 but I feel bad about the other.
    What can I do to help?????????
    [​IMG]

2. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Ashleigh,
    Have you tried taking a care sheet in with you and handing it to them? If you are not the type of person to just hand it to them, try mailing them one [​IMG] If you mail it, they can't judge you based on the "young" person they see standing before them.

I am working on having printable one-page format care sheets available for people to use if they would like...but it is taking some time getting them to fit perfectly. I was able to get them to fit in my Word program, but I am working on having them available on line.

3. ashleigh

thanks [​IMG]I will post it

4. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

maybe if you stuff soem in ur purse while the people aren't looking!Be careful.There may be cameras.

5. kuplakrabs

I would like to advise against stuffing them into your purse/pockets, etc. Doing so without paying for them is stealing-which is illegal and certainly something we do not advocate at HCRU.

Educating stores with poor conditions is the only way we are going to make any headway. It will be a long and slow road, but eventually we will get there [​IMG]

6. ashleigh

i NOT going to start stealing crabs iam going to give them some care sheets the shop has new people running it now so maybe just maybe they will do the right thing [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

When I start advising hermit crab care to the mall, I get the "why don't you leave?" look from the workers, so my 7 year old starts in telling them that it is crab abuse and they shouldn't be mistreating them. Petsmart has a roach infestation in their crab tank, not sure if that is bad or not, don't they eat them? Either way, I pity the poor babies at the mall. Sand is always dry, never food in the tanks, the poor guys are miserable, but for $10 a crab, I can't buy them all.

8. kuplakrabs

LOL Yep, that blank stare that lets you know they think you are off your rocker. My lps employees looked at me like that for a long time. Then I printed a bunch of material (even hole punched it all) and gave it to one person I knew that would listen. She doesn't work there anymore, but I think the owner must have read the info I left because the tank conditions have definitely improved. Still far from ideal, but much better than they were.

We'll get there-there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's just a very long tunnel.

9. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

Yeah,my petsmart is really improving.A few months ago they had gravel as substrate and only two resin palm trees as hiding places.No gauges,the food wasn't crushed,and no salt water.a few weeks ago when I went,they had black calci sand as substrate(at least they're getting calcium,and it's better than gravel!)and a bunch of hidey huts,plus the food was crushed.Still no gauges or salt water though...[​IMG].

10. chattykathy

chattykathy (Micro Crab)

[​IMG] when i baught the two new ones saturday at petco, they had some what of good care sheets felicity, i was thinking the information in the "glossary" section of this web site would be much more better though lol. hugs kathy

11. ashleigh

They closed down [​IMG]
    But they were selling their crab tank I had a look at it and well their were 3 DEAD crabs in it [​IMG].It said comes with LIFE crabs well I would say it comes with 3 dead crab and some bug

12. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

It's just sick...and sad that so many people don't know diddly squat...and refuse to listen when you try to enlighten them.

13. ashleigh

shut down at last [​IMG]
    but no pet shops sell crabs not one in Sydney [​IMG]
    but I going on holidays again soon so I will just have to wait [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.