1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet grass

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by BL00DYMARY, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

Petco was selling wheat grass packaged as "pet grass" in little pint-sized containers. No dirt, just a tightly woven root ball. My guys love this stuff and it looks great. I don't know how long it will last in the tank, but I was able to pull the roots apart & make three nice sized plantings out of it. They climb all over it and nibble on the blades of grass. At the base of each blade is a wheat seed where the seedling grew, and a few of them seem to love munching on those too.

2. BL00DYMARY

Sadly, although it looked great & my hermies LOVED it, it didn't last long in the tank. I'd suggest using it as more of a food source as a treat and not an actual plant. I wouldn't suggest leaving the plant in the tank for more than a week in the spring & summer months. The plant was still looking good after a week, some of the leaves did start to yellow & became a breeding ground for fruit flies.

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

this stuff sounds great!I'll keep it in mind the next time I go to petco. [​IMG]

4. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

when u say pet grass do u mean that gras that u buy for your cats?

5. BL00DYMARY

It was marketed for cats, lizards, dogs etc.. It's nice for a treat, but don't expect it to live & grow in your tank. Think of it more like produce.. mine lasted about 2 weeks. I'd have taken it out sooner if I knew it would attract fruit flies when it started to wilt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.