1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pecan tree leaves?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by List Of Demands, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

I see that they can have pecans and pecan tree bark (My crabs seem to just LOVE the bark) and I was wondering if they could have the leaves? We have a pecan tree and I can get as many as I want pretty much so I wanted to ask what everyone else thought before I gave it to them. Thanks!

2. MATERLUCY9696

MATERLUCY9696 Hi, I'm New Here!

Unsulphured food or unsulphured fruit

Hi I wanted to know are Hermit Crabs allowed to eat sulphured food? I checked on the epicureanhermit.com website, and I read on there that my hermit crabs couldn't eat sulphured raisins, and I wanted to know if I am not allowed to feed them anything that has sulphured fruit? I was going to get them a fruit mix, but it has sulphured apples in it, and I wasn't sure it I have to stay away from sulphured food or if it doesn't make a difference. Can someone help. Thanks. :confused:

3. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

I know there is some reason not to feed walnut leaves, but I thought it applied to the bark as well. I wish I could tell you about the pecan leaves, but I am thrilled to find that someone has tried the pecan bark and had success! Would you be willing to post that info on my food trial blog?

4. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

Yea, we have a pecan tree near buy, and rather then buying sticks and things for them me and my mom go find them outside and bake them and clean them good then put them in the cage, and one was a stick from a pecan tree and they stayed on it constantly, when i took the stick away and put a piece of bark from it in there i found out why they stayed on it all the time! haha, and sure thing, I could post it if you could send me the link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.