1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peanut Butter Wars

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by HermieFan, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermieFan

HermieFan "Never Molted"

Well, gave the hermies some Peanut Butter for the first time. I just sat and watched everyone crawl out of hiding and sit and graze on it. They all crawled away and then Houdini came back and claimed the rest for himself. When any of the other crabs would come near he would lunge at them with his big pincher. I had to remove the peanut butter so that I would not wake up to find limbs all over the tank!
    I just read about mixing the pb with oats on another thread in the archives. Can't wait to try it. Do you crush your oates first or leave them as is?

2. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I usually crumble the oatmeal between my fingers before giving it to them. So far I havent given peanut butter because I havent found any without salt, and havent gotten a food grinder to make my own yet. But when I crumble it a bit and mix it with babyfood Sean's crab expecially seems to like it.

3. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

I usually stick the oats in the food processor with a little peanut butter. It takes the stickiness out of the PB & they love it. Mine also like a little honey & oats made the same way too.
    My husband is so glad to see me finally getting so much use out of the expensive food processor he bought me a few years ago. [​IMG]

4. froggz37

lol well thats definitly good! I'm still on the search for organic honey, although with summer being here I've been so busy that every time I go to the store I completely forget. I'll definitly have to try it soon.

5. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

organic honey should not be too hard to find. There are farm stands by me that sell it in little seeled straws.. perfect size for the crabs.

6. froggz37

Awww kewl [​IMG] Our farmers markets and things havent started up yet, thanks for the great idea.

7. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

my crabs love peanut butter but is it good for them?

8. Kali_Ma

Kali_Ma (Small Crab)

Yes. IF:

No hydrogenated oil
    No extra sugar, especially high fructose corn syrup

Your best bet is organic peanut butter from a health food store. Just be sure to read the label. It should have peanuts and sea salt (at the most) and nothing else.

Or, grind your own in a food processor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.