1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patriack died!

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by ray89, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray89

ray89 Hi, I'm New Here!

Im kinda bummed, I just got him about a week ago, and at the same time i'm really grossed out lol sorry but its was my first crab that died, and it smelled bad, Bob is the only one ive had and im pretty used to him now. So, yea now im not want to bet bob another friend.

2. MoribundMaverick

MoribundMaverick (Small Crab)

Are you sure he wasn't just molting??

The first time I ever had a crab that "died" I was too upset to deal with it just then, and then it was pouring rain for the next two days and I literally couldn't leave the house. By the time the two days was up I went to get the crabby and it turned out... he was just molting!

3. ray89

ray89 Hi, I'm New Here!

uuuh he was definetly dead, do they smell rotted when they molt lol he was there for a couple hours till i got to him cuz my sister told me. And I think one of his legs fell off. ewwwww im so grossed out, sorry:eek:

4. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Sorry for your loss

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

When they molt, they don't smell like something dead :eek:
    Sorry for your loss....most likely it was post purchase stress (PPS). If Bob is healthy, I would not hesitate to get him a new buddy. How big is your tat? If it's at least 10 gallons, you could get Bob a few small buddies:D
    FYI....the smallest recommended tat is 10 gallons.

6. ray89

ray89 Hi, I'm New Here!

Right now hes in something a little smaller then a 10 gal im getting him a 10 gal soon and a new friend :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.