1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patience is a Virtue!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Jessafall, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

I got my crabs on Aug 8th! my two E's Kibler and Shiloh were in ISO for 2 weeks then they moved into the 55 gallon. my 3 teeny PP's. Dudly, Darby and Parker are all still in ISO dug down. Either darby and dudly are either dead or they are both molting but who knows. I can see Parker she's still movin' but I hope she pulls through as she is missing her big pincher and another leg, I found her in Petco like that so I decided to take a risk. .but the other 2 are not visible from the bottom.

I hate waiting especially when I want them to move into the 55g with the big boys. I think what i'm going to do is in a month if they still aren't surfacing. i'm going to dig through the EE and find them and see if Darby and Dudly are fine or Dead.

I still keep giving the ISO fresh food in hopes I'll see life but as the title says Patience is a Virtue!!!

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I know it's so hard! But you shouldn't dig up crabs unless you smell a bad fishy smell. Maybe they destressed for a week or two and then started molting. Some like to wait a week before they molt when they are buried. If you interrupt a molt it could be deadly! :( When I'm concerned I just sift through the EE until I could just see the tipity top of their shell so I know where they are. Try to hang in there! :)
    Good luck!

3. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, give them longer than one month. My first two crabs (both tiny-sized) took two months before coming up from their destress/molts. It was frustrating, but they were much happier when coming up than they would have been if I had dug through to find them when they were still hardening after the molt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.