1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outside the tank exercise

Discussion in 'You Are In: POLL Parade - Just! Poll's.' started by kuplakrabs, Dec 29, 2004.

?

I was curious how you provide a safe, outside the tank exercise environment for your crabs so I tho

1. I put them in a tub/box

98.0%
  2. I let them roam free in the house

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I put them in a plastic critter ball/plastic canvas globe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I have a customized exercise area set up

2.0%
  5. I don't take them out at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

2. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

When I was little, I got one hermit crab at the beach.
    I got long piece of string, then tape (with a small piece of scotch tape) it to his shell so he could run all over the place while I was watching t.v. or playing games, reading, etc.
    The tape alwys came right off and I was always in the room watching him "exercise"!

3. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

I put them in a tub/box
    I put them in a plastic critter ball/plastic canvas globe
    I have a customized exercise area set up(kinda)

I do all of these. I also put them in a rubbermaid tub with a damp towel and extra shells and set them in the bath room while I shower. I think they love the steam and many times some of them switch shells.

4. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I have one of those "Critter Corrals" that is basically a circle of fence sections you can set up wherever. I generally set it up on a towel, and put the crabs in there when I'm cleaning the tank or when there are some new crabs to meet. Rather than bathing new guys, I simply have supervised introductions in a neutral environment. [​IMG] I used to consider time in the corral exercise time too, but now that they have their big tank, they have as much space in there as they do in the corral, if not more! I can tell they appreciate the extra space in the tank -- they walk and climb much more than they used to.

5. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

I let them roam, but I do keep an eye onn them, too, every 30 sec.!!!

6. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

I have a little critter "play pen" fence thing that they can roam around in all together. I am too afraid that 1 of them will go missing if I do not contain them [​IMG]

7. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

I put them in a plastic critter ball, or I put
    them in a tub or wicker basket.
    Sometimes, I let them exlore a supervised towelled area with shells and wood and fruit to explore.

I recently had a straw hat on my counter and the tiny E's had a wonderful time crawling all over the top and brim of the hat.

My hermies seem curious and happy to explore any area they are in. [​IMG] I try to give them some variety. Lately one of the little E's has been observed a few times sitting on top of a shell in the tank just staring out a window at the beautiful sunsets. [​IMG]

cj

8. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

I have a kritter ball, but a couple months ago i built a hermie jungle gym out of popsicle sticks. wasn't much, but then i broke. I'll try to fix it later [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

i just let mine roam free but i think i scare him by staring at him cause he doesn't do much.

10. hermitcrab2005

hermitcrab2005 Hi, I'm New Here!

i usually let them run aroudn thge house with me watching. in the summer, i take them outside sometimes.

11. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

my crabbies are all ways with when Iam at home they love coming out side while I feed my dog & axololts or doing something else. I even take o1 or2 at a time to the markets with me [​IMG]. They sit on the key board when I on the computer and when I doing homework there normal walking around my room. The Only time their not with me is when Iam sleeping or cleaning or at High school.

12. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

my crabbie is on the keyboard right now [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.