1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Indo

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by ReganShaw, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Since we put him in ISO yesterday he has been very active, eating and drinking both salt and fresh water. When he was in the main tank he stayed by himself in the corner. I'm wondering if he might be stocking up on saltwater for a molt, but I would think if he were gonna molt he wouldn't be this active. I don't know...any opinions?

Jenny

PS His picture is in the emergency forum...please look at it and tell me what you think.

2. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Well could be that hes stocking up for a up commin molt but seems as if maybe he feels safer now that hes in ISO and away from everyone else, he has all the goodies so to say to himself now [​IMG] and no one to bother or stress him.. Thats a good sign though that hes eatting and drinking well and active. [​IMG] Just my 2 cents worth. [​IMG]

3. ReganShaw

Thanks Cuda, I hope the same things! all night last night he was in the salt water dish, this mmorning he was in the freshwater, and for the past 2 hours he has been in the food dish...Maybe he will molt, but should he drop the leg first?

4. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Hmmmmm not to sure on droping the leg befour a molt could be he's doing everything possible to help comabt the trama area, water salt and food protein to help the healing process, does that make any sense? [​IMG] Sorry i have a hard time explaining things sometimes i guess thats my short version of it.. LOL! [​IMG]

5. ReganShaw

Makes sense!!! I just didn't know if the "buldge" would heal if he molted..I thought he might drop the BP b4 molting, then grow a new one back dduring the molt. I'm glad he is eating, he is still in the food dish, so he must be storing up for something....

Jenny

6. ReganShaw

Not looking to good today, he has been in the food dish since early yesterday, Im afraid to pick him up cause i dont wanna stress him more...i dont know what to do.

Jenny

7. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Awwww Jenny is he still in the same place as earlier?? Please keep us posted as to how hes doing and whats going on. "HUGS" [​IMG]

8. ReganShaw

He is still in the food dish, but alive. When I went into the tank today to give him fresh water I saw him retract into his shell. He must not have cleaned out his shell a lot when he was in the main tank cause there is Poo All in the water dishes and all over the sand. OMG It's a mess LOL. I didn't move him, But if he is still there tomorrow I'm going to have to or else the food he is sitting on will mold. Patiently waiting to see what happenes......

Jenny

9. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Awwwwww poor little Indo, well maybe hes staying in the food dish beacuse its alot easier than crawling back and forth to get to the food source and hes just storing his strength by staying put. Poor baby.. [​IMG] Have you noticed if the bulge crack in the BP is open and exposing the flesh? If it is, i still think its worth a shot to try a tap a pin dot with a Q-Tip of non "pain reliving" Neosporin to the injured area, but just a dot so that if he wipes his BP or cleans himself it wont bother him [​IMG]

10. ReganShaw

Well he was out and about today! [​IMG] Walking around, drinking...there is flesh showing, but it's hard to see because of the ee still covering it, im going to try and herbal bath that Aviate and Gertrude sent me to clean him off better.

Jenny

11. CudaCrabby

[​IMG]Awwwww way to go little indo i sure hope he continues to get better and i hope the bath will help alot.. prayers and hermie vibes going out to him. Keep us updated.. Thanks tons Jenny.. [​IMG]

12. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

He seems to be doing well in ISO. I just wish that he would drop the severely damaged BP. Then he can get down for a MOLT. I am afraid of an entire body infection if he does not drop the cracked BP.

Cappa [​IMG]

13. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG]<span class="ev_code_RED">sending good vibes~~~</span>sorry to here hear about your poor Indo I really hope he does what he needs to and quickly. Keep us posted and good luck.

14. lucco

lucco Hi, I'm New Here!

:I hope he has a good molt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.