1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our Crabitats

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by AidansMom, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AidansMom

AidansMom Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi! Here are some photos of our crabitat set-ups.
    The first is the main tank .It is 29 gallons. We have almost 6 inches of sand for the big guys for substrate.There is a ITH on the left 3/4 of the tank. On the far right is the Blue Lagoon. It is a huge reptile feeding dishes with small blue aquarium gravel in to make the depth graduated.The gravel also is at the entrance to the pond to keep the sand out..The little guys can get out and the big ones can go all the way to the deep end. There is a sponge in there and a vine hanging in to help the little guys. Plus, the E's seem to like splashing in out of the vines... [​IMG] There is a smaller green salt water pond, several huts made of coconut backing. WE suction cupped the vine all around the walls and there is big climbing branch. We are going to add 2 more levels to this next week.
    [​IMG]

Here is a closer shot of the ponds and Mrs. Krabs..For size reference...she is a bit bigger than a golf ball.
    [​IMG]

This next photo is of our ISO and pre-ISO tanks. The tank on top is the quiet 15 gallon tank for crabs who are getting ready to molt but are not quite ready for ISO. I have 6 in there right now. You know the ones who sit in the salt water for hours at a time, who are sluggish ,etc.It has climbing stuff, a vine, 2 ponds and about 3 inches of sand. I have had a couple of moults in here and no one is bothered because they are real slow. The main tank is VERY active and trashed EVERY night. This tank is quiet. From here they can go oh ISO which is the smaller tank on the bottom. That has 3 sections to it and 6 inches of sand. There are 2 in there now and one getting ready to go back into the quiet tank and then back to the main tank. This has worked out really well and we have not lost any moulters yet. [​IMG] The next project is a 40 gallon!
    [​IMG]

2. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

They're beautiful hermit crabs, and I like the crabitats!!!

3. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Very nice set up. I am a big fan of the "natural" look with the plants and things. You have done a great job. Those are some lucky hermies.

4. HermieFan

HermieFan "Never Molted"

Aidans Mom,
    thanks for sharing your crabitat with us. One of my favorite things about this group is looking at each others pictures. So many here have inspired me to jazz up my tank. My hermies really love it!
    Jodie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.