1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions, please???

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by alli'smommy, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Last night I made some food mixes for my crabbies. I want some opinions are these--nutritional, yummy, ext.!!!

1. raspberries & apples finely chopped. Kept Frozen.

2. veggie mix: green beans, green bell pepper, brussel sprouts, carrots,
    broccoli finely chopped. Kept Frozen.

3. oats, banana chips, raisins finely chopped-except raisins.

Thanks for all input!!!

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

sounds good. if you can find orange bell peppers those are the best to use for coloring.

3. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Looks good to me!!! Nice work!!!

4. alli'smommy

Thanks guys! Now I feel safe giving it to my babies!!! I have good news!! King Krab just came up after being buried FOREVER! He had molted! That is my second successful molt! I had crabs as a little girl from Girl Scouts, but they didn't tell us how to care for them and both of them died during their molts :( I got into it again a few months ago and THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, my crabbies are very happy, healthy babies! I went into panic mode when Snoopy,the first molt, started, bad memories! But he made it and now so has King Krab!! YEA!!!!

5. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Congrats on the molt! I'm still as excited as the first time when I see them back up healthy and happy and I've been through 5 now. Looks like Daisy may be getting ready. Umph ...

6. alli'smommy

Is it normal for them to molt around the same time-or is this coincidence? Cause, Mr. Krabs had all the signs of preparing to molt, and has now buried!! That will make 3 in 4 weeks!!! What is going on???

7. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

It's not unusual. Sometimes it's called, jokingly, a MASS MOULT. And some crabbers will swear it's seasonal.

It seems that when one goes down, at least 2 to 3 ar next in line. When we had 7 crabs, 4 were molting at the same time.

I've had a stable colony since the end of June. About 3 weeks age, Tang went down. Last Week two more were among the missing. It wouldn't surprise me if more followed very soon.

8. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Since I have had mine, Batman went down for his molt first. When he came up, Daisy went down. He went down for his second, came up, Daisy went down. Batman just came up from his third and guess what ... Daisy is down! Very strange, but true. LOL ...

9. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Congrats on the successful molt!!! Mine all seem to molt around the same time too!!!

10. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

Sounds like you got some good stuff prepared there! Not a lot of protein and fat there. Make sure you also feed eggs and nuts and fish (mine love shrimp).
    Great idea putting the berries in w/ apple--mine are kinda fussy about berries, but sneaking them into some apple would make them irresistable! Yum!

11. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

OK-it's September now and Tang has come upo from her 9 week molt. So of the other 11, four are still up and 7 are moulting. Yes, we call this a Mass Moult! It's nerve wraking, but I guess I'd rather have most of them down at the same time, so we all can have more parties when they come up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.