1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OOooh, games!

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Donny (TMNT), Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Maybe "Survive the molt", "Wash the crab", "A day in a crab".
    Crab goes down and you can watch what it does.
    Washing the crab.
    You are a crab and you get to live like a hermit crab in your tank.

2. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Or, you start out in the tank, where you learn how to use the controlls, but being a mischievious crab, you find a way to escape the cage, an have to learn to survive the out-door world.

Time will pass quickly, so you have to find a place to burrow for molting season every year.

The plot of the game would be to make it back to the beach, from which you were captured as a pet.

The game wouldn't include fighting, since crabs usually don't have to do that anyway. Every day, you would have to find a shelter to sleep in, and enough food to survive the day.

You spend much of the game avoiding predatores, exploring new places, and collecting objects off the ground.

I don't know if your system could handle that much, oneonion, but I think it would be pretty cool if this game was made!

3. Donny (TMNT)

Naw, I think my last idea (was it mine, or Hermies4evr's?) would be too hard to make. I think we got a few games to work with here!
    Any other ideas? Its really up to oneonion if she (or he?) wants to make it.
    What do ya' think, oneonion?

4. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I think they are both great!

5. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I think this is a cool idea!

6. Donny (TMNT)

Well, sure they're great suggestions, but oneonion only has a very simple system for making them, so they might be too hard to make

7. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

these are AWESOME ideas! and i think that they should be added to the site! It would bring in more users, who, learning how cool hermies are, would move from just-gamers to owners who already have a reliable source for their hermie care. In the games you can even put useful info in the loading screen like some games to (like Rockband/ G.H.) like ("Painted shells can be toxic for your crabs, beware!") and such. All we'd have to do is keep a separate fourm for the game so game-talk stays in the right place =]

8. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Ok guys don't get too excited, I'm not saying I'm going to make them, I'm saying that I might be able to, if I have some time. And right now I don't have that much time, lol.

Anyway, continuing on what Donny posted, as you molt you would either have to steal shells from other hermit crabs(probably the only fighting in a hermit crabs life besides fighting for food) or find them on the beach. This is just adding on to what would be awesome if someone could make it, I just wanted to contribute incase someone with a better program came a long and made one.
    P.S. Answering the question at the end of the quote, This is a great idea, but sadly I don't think it would work on my program. I tried making a 'Castle Fight' game which was a simple turn-based thing where you had to attack the castle and then it attacks you, but it ended up having like 50 bugs in it, lol, so I just quit it. Someone who has actual experience(unlike me) it would probably easy to make that game, though. :/

9. Donny (TMNT)

Well, games are pretty fun, but not that importany, anyway.
    Thanks for trying, oneonion! :D

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Ooooo!!! This is the best idea so far!!! Not only would it be fun, it'd be educational, too!!!;););)

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Re: Ooooo, Games!!!

You start out in the tank, where you learn how to use the controls, but being a mischievous crab, you find a way to escape the cage, and have to learn to survive the outdoor world.

Time will pass quickly, so you will have to find a place to burrow for molting season every year.

The plot of the game would be to make it back to the beach, from where you were captured as a pet.

The game wouldn't include fighting, since crabs usually don't have to do that anyway. Every day, you would have to find a shelter to sleep in, and enough food to survive the day.

You spend much of the game avoiding predators, exploring new places, and collecting objects off the ground.

12. Donny (TMNT)

I got absolutely no computer programing experience,
    so for now, we're pretty stuck. Maybe there should be a pole, asking for pc prog. peeps to have a look see at this thread, although it would look strange amongst the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.