1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of my hermies changing shells(pic)

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by Mom, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom

Mom (Micro Crab)

2. Briard

Briard (Micro Crab)

Beautiful coloring on that hermie! Nice shot! Is the container a pool in your crabitat? I never thought to put a couple shells in the pool...

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Don't you just love watching them! It cracks the way the keep checking the shell out before they make the final move. Reminds me of a teenage girl trying on a prom dress!

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

I had the experience of watching one of my hermies change shells recently. He was in a really small shell and he got into a shell battle with another smal crabbie...talk about some chirping! They absolutely would not let go of each other...like a couple of pit bulls! About a week later the aggressor finally decided to check in to a new larger shell. Well, he stayed there for a few days and must have decided the shell was too large because he decided to move again...this time into a slightly smaller shell. It was fun to watch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.