1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMGosh does this sound right?

Discussion in '~HCRU Hard Drive~ - Carved In Stone' started by SuperMom, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

I called an exotic animal vet to ask how to remove mold from a crabs BP. [​IMG] His answer shocked me. He said to mix 1 part bleach to 4 parts water, and put it on the affected spot twice a day. Does this sound right should I really use BLEACH? [​IMG]

2. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

I would definitely NOT use bleach. Bleach burns, even diluted. I wouldn't use anything on hermies, that was harmful to us. I wonder where he got that information from. That's scary, I hope he doesn't give that advice to everyone that has hermies.

3. SuperMom

[​IMG]Tell me about it I think he is crazy [​IMG]

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

That guy is ignorant to hermie care and trying to cover up by giving any old answer. What a Boob. That would not only murder the crab with possible MOLD but also if he was in with the rest of your hermies affect them as well because any kind of chemicals, even the smallest amounts can kill off a crab. I seen a thread before where a lady was having unexplained hermie deaths and realized it was from her next door neighbor spraying there plants with chemicals as when they stopped the deaths stopped. Coincidence? I think not! So please do not listen to that guy with the bleach. He should have stayed in school a few more years.

Cappa [​IMG]

5. SuperMom

[​IMG] My thoughts exactly, The first exotic vet I called giggled, and said honey is just a crab. I told him umm sorry, I just thought you were a vet. [​IMG]

6. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

It's ashame that there aren't many Vet's that are equipped with the right information for our little Hermit Crabs. I wish there was something we could do to get them educated the right way.

7. SuperMom

[​IMG]I always try to be nice before getting angry, [​IMG] but people like this make it really hard.

8. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Oh thats just wrong.. I do belive he was giving you advice on how to home treat ringworm as diluted bleach dabbed on ring worm will kill it and most other fungal skin in fections on dogs and cats as long as its not completly under the skin. People these days some vets think they are doing more good than harm... But yup i would never use bleach on any of my critters. But diluted Peroxide is what i have used on Ts and scorpions befour with no ill effects also non medicated Neosporin works wonders as well just always make sure never to get it in there mouth parts or lungs.

9. banana

banana Hi, I'm New Here!

DO NOT USE BLEACH! [​IMG]

Breanna [​IMG]

Good Luck! [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.