1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMG crabkiller

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Hermies4Life, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

So..... They're against people eating fish?

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Apparently despite all the health benefits to getting fish regularly (healthy fats, minerals, oils, etc.) we shouldn't be eating them. I have nothing against PETA's beliefs - if you don't want to eat meat, then don't, but don't try to force it on me. I don't eat meat all the time, and I do enjoy eating good vegetarian meals on a fairly regular basis (my sister and her husband are vegetarian, and several of my friends are/have been, so I've learned how to cook up a good vegetarian meal or two), but even my sister and her in-laws eat fish despite their vegetarianism. I find it amazingly yummy - salmon is definitely one of my favorite foods, if prepared right. I don't force my meat-eating tendencies onto PETA, so why should they force them onto me? I wonder what a PETA member would do if they were starving to death but the only food available to them was meat...

I also wonder what PETA would do if they knew that we fed fish to our crabs...if we aren't supposed to have crabs, and we're feeding them pieces of seakittens? The horror!

3. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Oh my gosh that game cracked me up!!!! :D PETA people are complete WEIRDOS!!! Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Anyways... I want to become a vegetarian, but PETA shouldn't force it on people! It's a free country! If people want to eat meat, they should be able to eat me. I understand where they're coming from though. If humans continue to act so stupid in polluting the world and killing other animals for some really stupid reasons, and increase Earth's temperature even more, and continue to be so wasteful, it is estimated that HALF, yes half, of either the animal or the animal and plant (I'm not sure which one) will go exctinct! Half of the species on Earth gone forever!!!!!!!:eek::eek: This is what will happen if we don't stop this! So here PETA is wasting time blabbering about sea kitties when they should be more focused on saving endangered species and helping the environment. :mad: Before I liked them but now they annoy me!

5. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

Ya PETA really annoys e latley and I tried to be a vegatarian once before but it didnt last long lol i dont know why but i justcant stay away from meat.

6. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

i think it kinda hard to not eat meat when other are eating it in the same house!

...............is this thread ever going to end?

7. Hermies4Life

lol i dont think so lol and how the heck did e get from debbie noah to PETA lol xD

8. Laughs O Lot

LOL wow I just noticed! It seems like the longer the thread, the more we go off topic. :D

9. Laughs O Lot

I just realized that sea kittens are what they call fish! Before I thought it was a type of fish that they made up or something! Wow, I'm stupid!!!
    I just read about fish mistreatment, but when they tell you ho you can help, it always comes back to being a vegetarian. It really stinks for the people who love meat. :(

10. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Well, I'm glad im not the only one who thought that. :) I didn't know that either.

11. Hermies4Life

wow lol im sorry to say but i love to fish and eat meat. :) lol i dont kow i just cant be a veggi tarian i just cant i have tried and it doestn workfor me lol

12. Laughs O Lot

Yes, my friend who is a complete animal lover and know it all (she is seriously part wolf, no kidding) tried to become a vegetarian but it was too hard for her not to eat meat. :) I'm turning vegetarian when I'm 16, since my mom won't let me quit meat while I'm growing.

13. emmac350

See, I really don't put much faith in the "everything's going to go extinct" argument. If things didn't go extinct, we'd be living with dinosaurs and woolly mammoths.

14. Laughs O Lot

But that would only be bad because dinosaurs are higher on the food chain than us. Humans are on the top of the food chain right now. Every species is precious. It's okay if mother nature makes a species extinct, like what happened to dinosaurs and woolly mammoths, but if it's the fault of pollution and global warming created by humans, it's very bad.

15. emmac350

Then again, if there was never any global warming, we'd still be in the Ice Age...and there's no scientific proof that we're the actual 100% cause of global warming, just proof that we may possibly be helping it along. If the current rate of temperature change were caused by us, we'd have to have everyone in the world driving a car at the same time all day every day. I'm not the type of person to just blindly believe what everyone's saying.

Oh, and I don't care if it was only the herbivore dinos left, I don't wanna live with dinosaurs!

16. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

Without trying to bring religion into this (just trying to say this so we don't get into that), mother nature created US too. With all of our faults, our methods of destruction, everything. I'm not saying what we did is right. But if you put a different spin on it, we were created with our level of intelligence and ability to destroy the planet. How we choose to use our smarts though.... which is why some of us are trying to correct ourselves. Cause we're smart enough to.

PS: And don't forget, nature can wipe us out just as easily if it wanted to.

PSS: This drive to make everyone vegetarians is ridiculous. We are animals like any other and meat is in our diet. The problem is the way we "harvest" meat in abusive, destructive ways and we consume it in quantities that are just no sustainable. If we lived a sustainable life... a lot of us wouldn't be alive. The planet can't sustain our population numbers.

17. Laughs O Lot

I'm not trying to force other people to become vegetarians, I'm just making the decision for myself. I agree with you about harvesting meat. Some people put cows in stalls for their whole lives!!!! They don't even take them out to milk them! Instead, a machine does it!:mad: They only take out pregnant females so they could have their babies. It's terrible! And I hate how some people consume it too! Most people are so wasteful, throwing out perfectly good food that some poor starving kid would die for! Yes, the human population is staggering! Animal Control disgusts me because they poison the birds since they're "overpopulated"!:mad: But look at humans, so overcrowded! If poisoning humans is illegal, in my opinion, poisoning any other animal should be against the law, too.
    Thanks for letting me get my opinions across!:)

18. emmac350

I support sustainable farming practices, and when I can afford it, I will eat organically. I just think that the whole 'humans are going to kill the world' thing is a little ridiculous. I agree that we should protect biodiversity, but we shouldn't artificially protect it by force-breeding animals that are dying off. I agree that, say, pandas are adorable. I've seen them in person, and they're just as cute as they look in the pictures. But if they refuse to breed (which they have been) and they eat such a specialized diet that we'd have to grow it for them...I don't know. I'd be happy with zoo pandas and let the wild ones do what they will, whether it's continue living where they do or die off because they can't figure out how to reproduce.

19. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

But the problem isn't that they refuse to breed or they have a too specialized diet. The problem is pandas have been over hunted to a point where they can't just breed at a rate comfortable for them without dying off, we're killing them, AND we're changing the environment and destroying land that's invaluable to their survival because it houses this special diet they require. We are responsible for killing off a lot of the animals we're now trying to restore.

20. Laughs O Lot

Exactly! Another animal hunted a lot that is supposed to be an endangered species are gray wolves. Stupid Bush took them off the endangered list so now people are alowed to hunt them again!:mad: I'm not against hunting if your starving and have nothing to eat and no money, but for FUN!?!? That is murder and should be illegal regardless if the animal is endangered or not. And even hunting for fur coats is horrible! Other materials can make coats that are very warm; you don't need to kill a living creature for it! I'm not accusing any of you of anything, I'm just venting about some people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.