1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay Guys...

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by deege39, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deege39

deege39 (Micro Crab)

It's been long overdue for pictures...

The other night, my newest guy Sneezy changed shells! lol! I took a shell from my step-mother's house, I found it in a dish of sea-shells and thought, "I bet Sneezy could fit into this..." Never did I really believe he'd change into it the next night! lol!

I did boil the shell beforehand. : P

I missed it though, I was watching him inspect the shell, I took some pictures, I set the camera down for a split second, turn around- Then grab the camera and turn back around and *BAM* he's in the new shell! I was so upset! lol! He did change in and out of his old shell and new one a few times that night before he decided to finalize his new find.

Here they are...

Here's a "before".
    [​IMG]

I apologize for the quality, but it was really all the water on the glass, I just misted the tank.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the "after", you can't really tell the difference in the shells because of the lighting, but the new one isn't a turbo, and it's kind of like a Jade color.
    [​IMG]

-Few more pictures.-

2. deege39

deege39 (Micro Crab)

-Continued-

I had to pick him up for a "close up".
    [​IMG]

Here's a "bird's-eye-view" of their crabitat.
    [​IMG]

I mixed up all that "green sand" I had, and added some more play-sand so I wouldn't have any problems...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have two guys buried, which I hope they're molting... : D

Thanks for looking! : D I hope you like them.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Thanks for the pics...I love all the greenery in the tank- I have the same log!! Cute crab

4. deege39

deege39 (Micro Crab)

Thanks!

You have the same log? That's great! I think it goes pretty good with any kind of fake plant. ; ) Which some of mine I got from the dollar-store.

You can't see it very well, but there's a light-green net, that follows the back of the glass, it was a mesh-tote, that I cut up and suction-cupped to the glass. Sneezy loves climbing in the vines that line the top, and that mesh tote is something that won't get moldy when it's wet, plus it's washable.

5. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Nice! It's funny how it's like he waited till the split second you werent looking to change shells.:D The shell Sneezy was in before is the same kind of shell that one of my hermit crabs changed out of! Except it wasn't a green turbo that mine changed into.

Also, I agree with Hermez, nice greenery in the background. I need to go to the dollar store sometime and get some.:)

6. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

nice pictures!

7. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

I really like how you have your set-up with the logs and fauna :) Very nice pics :)

Luckily, I have seen a shell change.. once, haha.

8. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

The first shell change I witnessed was actually the first day I got mine. They were real quick about changing!.... Though sometimes I really think they're a bit shy about doing it when you're looking. Its almost like they know you're looking and wait for that second of privacy, its awesome :p

9. deege39

deege39 (Micro Crab)

Thanks guys. : ) I'm glad you like their crabitat. : ) I redo it like once a week, or every other week... And what I mean by redo is, that I wash off all the plants, and rearrange the plants, the pile of shells, and where I place their bowls... I like this set-up.

10. Poppy

Poppy "Second Molt, A Success"

Nice tank
    Dontcha hate when they change and you cant see it? =(

11. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Sneezy is really cute and your tank looks awesome! :D I really want to get that log!
    Once I heard a noise from the tank so I went and looked and I saw Lou-Lou in a new shell, sitting next to her old one. She looked like she just changed and I missed it! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.