1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

okay got more questions

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by Dragoncrab9, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Dragoncrab9

Dragoncrab9 Hi, I'm New Here!

I have a question I have sooo many foods that my crabs can eat, but their mostly canned and I had an experanced myself not to give them any canned food ever.

the question is can they have certain oils like vegetable oil, sunflower oil peanut oil?

citric acid can they have or not?

or do I have to get raw foods that they can eat my only option?

can they have cheese.

I have soo many foods that they can eat, but they have so many added stuff to them I can't use any. :tear:

2. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

:hermezpoo::welcome::crab1:raw, yes. or I just get all mine from the addiction. But you have to be careful of bought produce. they have pesticides. Either grow yourself, or maybe order addiction. I would say 30.00 will get you a years supply of food. that is my opinion , I know others will post with ideas for you soon.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Cheese can be used as a treat about once a month. You can use Zilla (mixed fruit, fruit and veggies, or all veggies, and bugs ) in the reptile dep. krill, shrimp ,, brine shrimp,plankton in the fish dep. All can be bought at petsmart. Check all ingredience to make sure that, that is all that is in them. You can also get crunchies mixed fruit at walmart. Also NO AMERICAN CHEESE. cheddar is fine. Penut oil is fine and also olive oil is very good for them and you.NO CITRIC ACID. Egg shells, scrambled eggs. And maybe some crushed calcium that can be found at walmart in the reptile section. USE THESE ONLY IF THE HCA STORE IS SOLD OUT.

4. LAURIE

LAURIE Hi, I'm New Here!

** cuttle bone is found at walmart in bird section in whole one piece sections, you can break off chunks and stick in tank or shave it. when cooking scramble eggs use the proper oil or cook in microwave, also I have heard do not use teflon no stick pans when cooking for your crabs. some of the other stuff can be bought at wal mart to. I also give mine organic baby foods, organic peanut butter, motts applesauce organic { in the individual containers }dried maple leaves that i have saved from fall make sure no pesticides are on them, unsalted walnuts, the list is endless of what you can feed them, cooked meats in the microwave in their water and cooled, air popped pop corn or cooked in olive oil.