1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Spill Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by vckums, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Anyways, about the oil spill. I really don't blame the dude driving the boat. Because, it wasn't his fault. An oil rig doesn't drive around like a boat. It's like a big floating raft that sits above the oil well. There is a pipe coming from the oil well to the rig pumping oil. The rig stores the oil so that the big ships can come and pick it up and carry it off to Shell or whatever. Once they start the pumping of oil, it won't stop till they either flip the switch at the top by the rig or dry up the well. What happened was, there was a fire on the oil rig. The fir burnt up the switch and they didn't have a cutoff at the bottom to stop the flow. So, with the fire and all, the pipe cracked and stuff and now the oils just flowing out. BP (British Petrolium) didn't provide the neccesary safety equipment. The USA didn't check to make they had it. The USA also decided to make it legal for them to drill there in the first place. So, it is certainly not the fault of the poor oil riggers who are out there, in the middle of the ocean, away from their families. Plus, 12 men died in the fire. And anyways, where was that oil going to go? To a car or a bus or an airplane or whatever. And then, it would come out the exaust pipe to float up and ruin our atmosphere. So, why were we drilling in the first place? To get something that ruins our waters and our atmosphere and kills our plants and animals and causes global warming which kills more plants and animals. Just my opinion on this whole thing. I mean, I know we need to drive places but is that more important than our planet?

2. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

I'm with you coco!!! Everyone who works at BP, it is not there fault....It just happen....BP is trying to shut down the oil flow but the pipe is too deep for workers to swim down there. BP is not having any luck so lately. People are not buying from them or there starting a riot in front of the gas stations.....

3. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

I think the whole subject of "blame" is pointless.
    You've got to see that something doesn't happen again, or it will happen over and over and over again. You look once, to find who did it, then you fix it.
    I heard you (cococrisp) say that the oil spill causes global warming, would you care to elaborate?

4. Donny (TMNT)

Okay, here's what I found, since you wanted to know.

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

One mistake. That's a lot! ::) :biglaugh:

6. Donny (TMNT)

I know its puny, I'm just saying we all make mistakes. That's why they have erasers on pencils! :hilarious:

7. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

LOL! Yup! And sometimes on pens, too! :biglaugh:

8. Donny (TMNT)

Same thing goes for oil spills. It was a mistake that'll take several "erasers" to
    fix.

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

And a lot of $, time, and effort! Did you know that this is the worst oil spill ever to occur in United States History?

10. Donny (TMNT)

I don't know, I haven't checked the world history of Oil spills.

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

::) Well, it all over the news, and guess what! Instead of getting rid of the oil, they sprayed chemicals in the water to make it sink down to the bottom of the sea floor. Stupid, careless, cruel, people! Here's a fun fact for you; even if you can't see the oil, it's still there! :scream:
    Now it's going to call ALL the animals in the ocean, because it has to go down through all the different layers to arrive at the seafloor. This sucks! Poor animals, I feel so sorry for them! :(

12. Donny (TMNT)

I know most people care more about the animals, but consider this:
    We lost a TON of oil, and it went to the worst possible place: the ocean.
    So that gives us two really bad things.

13. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Who CARES about the oil? We have tons of it! Animals are so much more important! And now, they are all dying, because of a stupid accident, caused by a careless oil company!

14. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

The oil stop gushing

15. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Thats right we have tons of it. There was no reason to drill so far off shore a mile down. Now look at what happened. The gov. was not to concerned about cleaning it up. Letting all that oil just wash up on shore and kill everything it came in contact with while the pres. was golfing, partying,going on 3 vacations,campaining for his buddies instead of calling every country to assist in the cleanup. I would get every skimmer that was offered to me and have the gulf filled with them.

16. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

In all fairness the president didn't have too much to do with the oil other than giving the OK. BP is in charge of cleaning it up since it's their spill and their mess. But instead of actually being helpful they're too concerned about their lining their pockets. So they're trying to hide the evidence and make it look like it's not as bad. Why do you think reporters aren't allowed anywhere near the beach? Average Joe citizens too. And supposedly even going to the extreme of burning up the endangered species trapped in there so they don't have to pay more fines than they were presented with in the first place. Huzzah BP. Good "honest" work.

17. Donny (TMNT)

Its not just the loss of oil, its the fact that tons and tons of it gunked up the ocean.

18. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

We are to protect this country against enemys foreign and domestic. That is the job of our gov. Dont you think that the oil washing up on our soil is a domestic enemy?

19. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

I'm not sure I trust the government with washing my CAR. Let alone cleaning up a BEACH.

20. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I hear ya big time! I dont trust the government to do anything. That is my point. But they do need to uphold our constitution. And that should be their only job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.