1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh no my sons crab died

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by tink, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tink

tink "Never Molted"

Oh man he is going to be sad, yesterday they were all three climbing around on the rocks and logs... darn it, I have done everything I can to keep them alive. We have had them since last March...they came from a Petsco and I have a heating pad, both fresh and salt water pools, sand, cocfiber stuff, shells and we had three crabs they are all so large they are not for holding. They are easily (pincher size) 2" the shells are the size of my palm almost...yikes, I was trying to let the kids "handle" them but one pinched me about 6 weeks after we got them and it required three stitches so since my hands are rougher than my kids little tiny fingers we decided they are look at friends, I do all the work with them due to my son not being tall enough to tend to the cage but now one has died.... do you think they will all start dying? I know pets die and I am sure my son will cry but will get over it... Just want to know what you guys think about the other two...I read that them being so big means they are old???? what do you think

thanks
    tinkĀ